Why is it...

TenTwelve

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
... other manufacturers can announce a new device and tell us exactly when it'll be available for purchase and Nokia can't? Microkia wants to grab some share and they still conduct business worse than a Kickstarter entrepreneur.

wapoz

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I agree it's one thing they still fail miserably at. They need to not just work on giving a solid date for when a product is released, but also shortening the time period between announcement and release. It doesn't help when they announce a fantastic product/update, but it isn't available for weeks or months later.

e91a

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
I agree so hard. You build a hype, then u don't even give info about when the release date hits. Ain't that hard tbh to just delay the announcement until you're sure when the release date is. And if they are afraid of leaking info comes out, don't be. That's what builds the hype about a phone, imo.

wapoz

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I agree so hard. You build a hype, then u don't even give info about when the release date hits. Ain't that hard tbh to just delay the announcement until you're sure when the release date is. And if they are afraid of leaking info comes out, don't be. That's what builds the hype about a phone, imo.

I think they'd be better served by doing just that. Wait until the product is finished and ready to hit the distribution channels. In he meantime just keep releasing teasers about the product that keep things vauge but exciting on twitter, facebook, and the techmedia- even if someone like Evleaks spills the beans early. And then when they do the official reveal, have it ready to preorder that day of or the next day, and ready to be in customers hands in no less than a week tops. Any software or apps they reveal should ALWAYS be ready for download the day of.

I found it so silly when all the big name apps they revealed at nokia world were "available in the coming weeks". WTF does that mean to the average consumer? If someone is on the market to buy a new phone, are they going to chose the apple/droid that's already available with the apps they want or a definitive release date, or the nokia with an ambiguous release date on both the handset and the apps? MS/Nokia has really gotta step up their game. I know their in it for the long-term, but they still gotta double up on their efforts. Todays market is all about mindshare and instant gratification, and they're failing on delivering that to the average joe customer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720