Nokia Lumia 1520 Nano Sim

Credo93

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
Hello folks, the Nokia Lumia 1520 is going to use a nano sim instead of a micro sim, is this already mentioned in WPCentral articles?

Regards Credo.

MrGoodSmith

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
That's right, a nano sim.
This is giving me a second thought about getting the phone, as my carrier doesn't offer nano sims yet :(
I may end up going with the Lumia 1020, at least it's available here in Canada, rather than waiting several months for the 1520

drbanks

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Why not take a micro sim from a carrier of your choice and use a ten buck nano sim punch on it?

I've successfully punched a standard 2ff sim down to a micro 3ff using that technique with no ill effects, so I assume that since nano sim punches can be easily found online, you could do the same.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I just saw it today on gsmarena.
The only question I ask is WHY?!
What gives?
Is the phone too small to put a little bigger but way more common micro-sim?
Jesus they just do something thinking it's better without even thinking about it for 1 sec.

MrGoodSmith

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so I found they sell on Amazon and ebay a nano sim cutter for around $5. You simply put your regular or micro sim card and cut it precisely into a nano size, and it comes with sim adapters so you can take your nano sim card and use it in phones which take micro or regular sim cards.

So with this discovery I am back on track for getting the Lumia 1520. The problem now is when I can get it in Canada

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb