Internal wireless charging

Shad0wguy

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone gone through with installing the wireless charging coil inside their 925? I picked up a charging cover for a decent price but have a case I really like and it won't fit with the charging case. I'd like to try installing it internally, but want to know if there have been any negative repercussions from installing it internally.

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
No way is there going to be enough space inside the phone. They make these things to make full use of the space they have to fit everything in

slotti

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Did the mod about a week ago. Fits just within within the phone. Since I like to use a pull tab pouch for my phone, to enjoy the full beauty without any case, I had to do the complete mod.
Works like a charm. It wasn't even hard to do.

Hamberthm

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
It could be done as in the video. But I think Nokia didn't put it in there because of electrical security rules, insulation, overheating, powerful magnetic fields, etc, etc. The 920 is thicker for a reason... The battery is also dangerously close!

Unless I hear that it's safe from an engineer's mouth, I wouldn't take the risk.

sadude69

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I installed it inside the 925 as well...no issue thus far.

I really want to know if you can do it with the 1020

For the 1520, the international version has it inside so don't know why you can't do it for the USA version (its already been done via mod)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)