Has anyone posted a video comparing speed of 1520?

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm surprised no one has commented on the speed of opening/navigating apps compared with 9xx. The same processor improvement was seen in Surface to Surface 2 and the difference in performance in mindblowing. I know the 9xx don't have trouble with lag, but there is still quite a bit of delay opening Nokia Pro Cam, Here maps, etc... Or navigating the facebook beta app. I'd also like to see if the touch response has improved. Current Lumia's have a bit of a delay from swiping your finger to seeing the screen follow your finger. Windows 8/RT are perfect in this regard, as is the iphone. Anyway, if someone here has played with a 1520, I'd appreciate if you could comment on some of my questions :excited: Or if you've seen a hands on video that compared this at the Nokia World event, please post it in the comments!

Thanks!!

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Looks like no one at Nokia World thought to do a comparison video. Maybe they just weren't allowed to. I guess we'll have to wait until Nokia starts sending demo devices to bloggers

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
TBH real world tests will make very little to no difference in opening apps for the first time or for fast resuming. Yes it will be noticeable between a 512 MB / 1GB / 2GB device and or with the 1520/1320 (both some with new processors(SD800/SD400)).

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
TBH real world tests will make very little to no difference in opening apps for the first time or for fast resuming. Yes it will be noticeable between a 512 MB / 1GB / 2GB device and or with the 1520/1320 (both some with new processors(SD800/SD400)).

I want to see how the 1520 compares with the 920. S4 vs S800 processor. Though it does seem like there's going to be little difference in opening apps. The guy who did the AMA did not notice an improvement in speed. Kind of dissapointed, but ah well. I'll just wait it out till 8.1

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo