Is the ativ s still worth it?

antoniop

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Too bad HERE maps is not available for Portugal. Anyway, considering the price difference to the 920, it's a great deal.
The 620 too is a great phone; only the lower resolution and inferior camera are a bit of deal breakers with the Ativ S at this price.

Sent from my GT-I8750 using Tapatalk

svenhassel

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
The HERE Suite is available on all Windows Phones, you might want to have a look on the store. AFAIK HERE Lens was integrated with HERE Maps as City Lens.

Thanks, but I could only find here maps and here drive, not lens or transit :( , and I don't want to use the hack posted some time ago in the forum.

Edit: I bought the phone in Germany, but I selected Argentina as the region. Could there be a geographical restriction?

svenhassel

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Too bad HERE maps is not available for Portugal. Anyway, considering the price difference to the 920, it's a great deal.
The 620 too is a great phone; only the lower resolution and inferior camera are a bit of deal breakers with the Ativ S at this price.

Sent from my GT-I8750 using Tapatalk

They are very different phones, I got the 620 from my job, but if I had to choose between it and the ativ at current prices, I would select the ativ for sure.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, but I could only find here maps and here drive, not lens or transit :( , and I don't want to use the hack posted some time ago in the forum.

Edit: I bought the phone in Germany, but I selected Argentina as the region. Could there be a geographical restriction?

It's possible, you could try changing the region. Lens is no longer separate, it's part of Maps now.

AVboy

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Hello,
the Ativ S is a phone that I might end up buying but I'm wondering if Samsung planes anything like the folder thing on the Lumias because it would be very useful for me.

weetigo

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Samsung had a folder feature before nokia did. The ATIV S is a beast for its battery life and 4.8" screen. I recommend the device. The ATIV S was like a S3 running windows phone. There was no "S4"-style ATIV release unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

AVboy

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your answer ! I was a bit worried about the exclusif features of the Ativ S but I feel like it will be a nice choice in the end.

anon4276835

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your answer ! I was a bit worried about the exclusif features of the Ativ S but I feel like it will be a nice choice in the end.

You will not be disappointed.

The price of the Samsung ATIV S is a steal - may slightly look like the Galaxy S3 but, the build quality is much more high-end.

For the same specifications Nokia you would have to spend an awful lot more money.

Me2

Jun 29, 2002
Visit site
You have to laugh at the hipsters and sites like this crowing over the wonderful 'new' features from their great idol Nokia like App Folder, when us wise ones have had that for 6 months on our 'unsupported' phones thanks to Samsung...

Luigi Lop

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
You will not be disappointed.

The price of the Samsung ATIV S is a steal - may slightly look like the Galaxy S3 but, the build quality is much more high-end.

For the same specifications Nokia you would have to spend an awful lot more money.

to give you an example of an "indestructible phone", I stumbled while calling, and I fell to the ground, and I had to put all of my weight on my phone hand, so not only I dropped the phone from 1,70m, but I had my full weight on it( around 80kg), SCREEN FIRST toward the concrete and it was unscated

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss