Is the ativ s still worth it?

uvogin

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys Uvogin checking in here, new poster.

Just wondering is the ativ s is still worth buying. I can get it for roughly ?150 sim free which is pretty good for the specs.

But I do not want to buy it and get done over by lack of supporting on samsung part.

I.E. Nokia is really supporting their wp8 devices and are coming out with lumia glance which I think is a good feature which is a shame it will not be on ativ s (or will it?)

Also the fact that there is more updatable stuff for devices over 1280x768 resolution while ativ s has 1280x720 (but super amoled is the shizz)

I have had a play around on wp8 on the 520 and is decent, wp8 is not a problem. I was considering the RAZR I for ?159 but just sick of android.

Any suggestions would be helpful decision next week

Matthew Becker1

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Lack of support was a thing made up by Lumia hipsters. The ATIV S was one of the first devices to get GDR2 and is still close on par with other high-end WP8 devices spec-wise.

urosinho

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Ativ S is great mate, for that price you can get only mediocre android phone. This one is like a spaceship compared to any phone in that price range. Also, battery is brilliant it lasts forever. Good phone.

uvogin

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
I'd go for either the 620 or 625 in that price range depending on screen size preference...

really?? I want an upgrade not a downgrade :p. Also if i were to buy a lumia it would be the 925, the camera is GREAT!!! Although i can afford it at ?300 battery will probably go to crap in a year and can't replace. Saw the 925 today, glance was good.

Ativ S is great mate, for that price you can get only mediocre android phone. This one is like a spaceship compared to any phone in that price range. Also, battery is brilliant it lasts forever. Good phone.

Lack of support was a thing made up by Lumia hipsters. The ATIV S was one of the first devices to get GDR2 and is still close on par with other high-end WP8 devices spec-wise.

any idea if majority of Nokia apps can be downloaded on ativ s for free (music, Nokia drive)

thanks

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
really?? I want an upgrade not a downgrade :p. Also if i were to buy a lumia it would be the 925, the camera is GREAT!!! Although i can afford it at ?300 battery will probably go to crap in a year and can't replace. Saw the 925 today, glance was good.

any idea if majority of Nokia apps can be downloaded on ativ s for free (music, Nokia drive)

thanks

Drive, Maps and Transit are available for all Windows Phones. Music and the other Nokia apps are only available via a hack!!

migueli2

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Not only worth but also a good choice.
Awsome screen AMOLED 4.8, 16Gb internal plus microSD, 3 row tiles, super light, good battery.

Smg-Uk

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
You would take a Lumia 620 over a Ativ S LOL I've had both and the 620 is a low end WP and the Ativ S is high end and the two shouldn't be compared. The Ativ S has a bigger and better screen and a bigger battery and a better camera and a faster processor and twice the ram etc

Butiulca Tudor

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
worth a lot this Ativ S, i had a lumia 720 and for 5-6 apps by nokia u should not buy samsung omg, i am very satisfied with samsung wp8, u really should buy it !

Shayx

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
it's a good buy.
the price smashed to the floor,a premium device that costs like a trashy mid range android.
also, its really easy to interop unlock, i'm currently running GDR3 and it's great.
also i installed nokia here drive+ and it works great. :)

Gezio T

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm confused too.. I was thinking about buying Nokia Lumia 620 (157euros) or Samsung Ativ S (177euros) but I can't make a decision...

uvogin

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
If you don't mind me asking, where is the ATIV S available for ?150? The cheapest I can find it is for ?200 on Expansys.

On amazon.de for 182 euros, depends on the exchange rate. i gotta add shipping to that as well.

I'm confused too.. I was thinking about buying Nokia Lumia 620 (157euros) or Samsung Ativ S (177euros) but I can't make a decision...

Gotta make a choice and not look back gonna order the ativ s tomorrow, I'm tired of this mobile phone rat race crap changing phones every six months to a year . So i'm hoping the phone will serve me will, I don't think I will interop unlock it either since it is the main reason i'm leaving android and I'm sure ativ s will get wp Blue

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
On amazon.de for 182 euros, depends on the exchange rate. i gotta add shipping to that as well.

Gotta make a choice and not look back gonna order the ativ s tomorrow, I'm tired of this mobile phone rat race crap changing phones every six months to a year . So i'm hoping the phone will serve me will, I don't think I will interop unlock it either since it is the main reason i'm leaving android and I'm sure ativ s will get wp Blue
the ativ s is a workhorse in every respect. beautiful screen, very good battery life, 1 gb ram, plenty of storage and sd card. samsung has actually updated the apps i have from them quite frequently and i got gdr2 early in the summer. i think the reason the price dropped so much was that samsung never released in the u.s. and as far as i know, has not introduced anything new.(i don't consider the ativ s neo a new phone). i have had no regrets about my purchase. good luck. these forums are a great way to learn how to use your device to it's fullest potential.

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Are you serious? Jesus, even the HUAWEI W1 kicks the crap out of the lumia 620, let alone ATIV s with it's 1GB ram and 1.5ghz dual core cpu (Lumia: 1ghz, Huawei: 1.2Ghz, Ativ S: 1.5Ghz).

PNX81

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I really can't see an alternative in this price range. Camera is very nice, performance is outstanding. The Lumia 625 has the same screen size but half the ram and is more expensive.

yes - it is still worth every cent

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire