Buy or not buy?

Ice_Cold_Q

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
so I want some real honest views about the lumia 620 and and how it performs and what not(everything about it) as I think I buy this over the 520 but I just aint 100% on the decision, could u guys help me out?

coolraoul

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
My GF has one. Much better imo than a 520, unless you need the FM radio: much more vibrant screen, GPS in the whole world, Glance screen, more solid build. The phone is fluid, more than adequate battery life especially after amber. Fantastic phone for the price. 520 appears blander imo.

Ice_Cold_Q

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
My GF has one. Much better imo than a 520, unless you need the FM radio: much more vibrant screen, GPS in the whole world, Glance screen, more solid build. The phone is fluid, more than adequate battery life especially after amber. Fantastic phone for the price. 520 appears blander imo.

nope dont need radio, could you ask your GF how the keyboard is while on portrait, I'm fearing its gna be abit squashed, I do have small hands but seeing as its a 3.8 screen it may be abit too squashed???

And also Is the keybaird typing fluid, like it keeps up with the pace an all???

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I think 620 may be a bit smaller in size than 520. Keyboard feels smaller than the one on 520. Do try one out before opting for 620. The screen is better than 520 in my opinion.

coolraoul

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I have no problems typing on the 620. Sure smaller than a 920, but not cramped imo. Typing is fluid, not struggling to keep up with my typing. The phone fits very well in the hand, with the rounded corners. The 520's screen is indeed a bit larger (4 vs 3.8 inch), so do try out before buying.

sejgiul

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I've got the 620 and my wife has the 520. The battery life is very similar so i wouldn't let that influence your decision, if it would be a problem, you could buy the mugen battery for the 520 and use it in the 620. I believe that its 1600mah.

The screen on the 620 is defo better than the 520 but you'd only notice this if you have them next to one another. It depends on what kind of phone you're coming from as well. The 620 screen is very similar to amoled screens. I came from a galaxy note 2 to the 620 and the screen quality is just as good. The blacks really are black.

Performance-wise they're the same. If you have a need for NFC then go for the 620, but i never use it as the screen needs to be unlocked and when you scan a tag it requires user input as well.

I personally prefer the shape of the 620, its considerably smaller and i use the dual shot orange/yellow case. The effect is really cool. My wife has a white case and also a yellow case, the cases for the 520 all seem to be soft touch. For the 620 i believe only the black and white cases are soft touch. My orange case is normal plastic but i actually prefer it, unless i have sweaty hands lol.

The only thing i don't like about the 620 is the ridiculous amount of space underneath the navigation keys, that could have been done better i think.

Keep in mind also that the navigation keys on the 620 are backlit while on the 520 they are not.

Hope that helps, good luck

sejgiul

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Oh sorry, the keyboard is fine btw. I have huge hands and can manage just fine. I managed to use the note 2 one-handed if that's any indication.

Ice_Cold_Q

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Oh sorry, the keyboard is fine btw. I have huge hands and can manage just fine. I managed to use the note 2 one-handed if that's any indication.

I guess I'll DEFINITELY wont have any typing problems than!

And thanks to all the rest of you for your comments, 620 is definitely the choice, imma have to take a risk and just get it without trying one out as all the phone shops do not display the 620 no more, i don't know why but hey I'm trusting you guys and the rest of the good reviews on it!

sejgiul

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Since you use the pound to indicate the prices I'm guessing you're from the UK. They have the 620 on display at phones4u and Carphone warehouse. Phones4u will give you the best deal on payg, although unclear, their phones are sim-free as well :)

Ice_Cold_Q

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
you guessed right! and yeah i already checked at big carphonewarehouse and phones 4u stores, carphonewarehouse dont display them anymore, and phones 4u only display the non active dummy, which is useless, but still it did give me a sense of how it would feel...it felt nice and quite the nice size aswell!

sejgiul

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
You do realise that you can just ask them to show you a working model right? Just say you want to have a look at both the 520 and 620 and they'll get them out for you to play with. Then if you want to buy one, buy one and if not just say you want to think about it first. That's what I do lol

Ice_Cold_Q

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
hmm, I never thought of that cos I always had it in the back of my mind that they wouldn't allow that. Also do you think microsoft are gna bring out a updated version of the lumia 620 soon? so i should wait abit, or just buy it?

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
They just introduced nokia phablets(1320, and 1520) so I dont think they'll be launching updated lower-end models anytime soon or at least this year. 2014 should see refreshed models..

Ice_Cold_Q

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
yep the 620 it is, right now I'm just waiting for the nexus 5 to come out, see if it impresses me and if its relatively cheap, but right now my mind is set on getting the 620

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
yep the 620 it is, right now I'm just waiting for the nexus 5 to come out, see if it impresses me and if its relatively cheap, but right now my mind is set on getting the 620

Nexus 5 will be like 350$, 620 costs just 200$(without contract). If you're looking for Android, then N5 should be the best solution. Otherwise its windows phone(I feel WP is too restricted for my tastes).

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

Nexus 5 will be like 350$, 620 costs just 200$(without contract). If you're looking for Android, then N5 should be the best solution. Otherwise its windows phone(I feel WP is too restricted for my tastes).

Ice_Cold_Q

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site

Yeah thats exactly why I'm looking at the nexus 5, in my opinion its the best of android, I've had the gnex and the N4, but right i'm rocking the nokia 113 and have been since January, I'm now looking for a good device thats gna last me for a good coupla years, i've become fond of WP in the last few weeks, especially with the L620, nice small size and still ofers great functionality and i love the way it looks. I think WP has the BEST looking OS out there! just apps, features etc may bring it down, but for me I dont need all of that, jus want a nice phone to last me long, the nexus 5 is just tempting really and just an option to take if its really impressive, but must be not too expensive.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon