Best guess on AT&T Nokia Lumia 1520 announcement.

peacock93

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Ok, what is everyone's best guess on when AT&T will officially announce the Nokia Lumia 1520 with specs and the date that we will be able to preorder or purchase it?

brandon_powell

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I am guessing announcement/preorder on the 8th delivery the week before thanksgiving. Then they turnaround and run a black Friday promotion on it. My gut is saying its a combination of waiting on accessories (like charging covers) to be produced and the fact that Nokia has to devote a separate production line to the AT&T variant that is slowing things down.

peacock93

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I was going to get it if it launched on the 8th but being so close to Black Friday I might as well wait to see if they have a deal on it then.

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
They have til the 8th. If nothing by then. I guess nexus 5 it is.
Bad model by Nokia

the nexus 5 has 3-4 week back order on the 16gb versions and 2-3 week back order on the 32gb versions. by time you order your nexus 5 the back orders may be longer and you may not get your nexus 5 til after the lumia 1520 is available.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Okay, maybe I am old fashioned, but does anyone really want this or any other device without testing it out first? I would want a Nexus over any other Android myself as skins tend to be more of a pain then they are worth. But I would never preorder one, no matter how much I trust the manufacturer.

A couple weeks, and we can all go see the 6" behemoth in real life. Same with any other major release, because no manufacturer wants to be on the sideline for the busiest buying season of the year.

Besides, playing with the products is just FUN.....

giantenemybird

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
the nexus 5 has 3-4 week back order on the 16gb versions and 2-3 week back order on the 32gb versions. by time you order your nexus 5 the back orders may be longer and you may not get your nexus 5 til after the lumia 1520 is available.

Not only this, but basing the decision on which phone he's going to get based off of a potential few weeks difference in release is kind of insane to me, assuming he plans on keeping the phone for a few years.

Khalid Brown1

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Ummmm nexus 5 will be available in best buy and radio shack. As well as wireless carriers. So even though backed up in play store. Will be available other places. I think after debacle with release of nexus devices last year Google learned. To me nexus 5 and lumia 1520 are on even playing fields. If I am able to play with and get my hands on nexus first without any word from lumia then that may be with what I will go with. It just seems foolish to me to show a product and have no info on release. Like someone said before. A good amount of phone buyers is impulse and availability. So if Nokia doesn't provide thsat. Its not a good look.
But this may all be for naught as they already have release times for hong Kong and Vietnamese market. So hope US is not to far behind.

husslord

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
This is the only thing Apple and Samsung are good at.....events then right away announcing when it will be available! I hate the build up! It was like Nokia had a lot of momentum that week it showed off the 1520, now its back on the Nexus 5!

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Nokia is terrible with release dates. Their phones always get announced late and released late. I always end up buying another phone since I never know when the Nokia phpne I want will finally get released or be available to buy. Even worse when you factor in AT&T exclusivity. Availability is Nokia's biggest issue in the US. I just got a Lumia 521 from the HOME SHOPPING NETWORK. It's at Amazon and Best Buy and Walmart and a bunch of other places as well. Their unlocked older phones are also on Amazon. Yet the coveted high end phones you have to go through so many hurdles to buy, or get an import that is really expensive with no warranty.

nola75

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
No ship date that I could see but Negri Electronics is taking pre-orders now for an unlocked global version of the 1520. Price is a hefty $779.50 but it lists 32GB of storage. Unfortunately, from the description it is not the much hoped for RM-938 but the global RM-937 with typical global band coverage. Good sign that news should break pretty soon about a release date for the AT&T model though.

downhillrider

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm not good at waiting. They show off the phone then go quiet. If theres no "surprise" announcement in the next week or so I will be getting a Nexus 5 or a Note 3. I sold my HTC One today and I really want back in on windows phone. But I have no patience.

brandon_powell

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
So Nokia US is running a FB contest to win the 1520 before you can buy it. The contest doesn't end until November 17th. So I think its safe to say we still have a while to wait. I am changing my release date prediction to Black Friday.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs