Upgrading from a 822

rcid

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I use an 822 and have been finding out that WP8 is a great place to be. Now I'm considering a 920 (refurb). However the only real advantages are low light photography and the screen. I really dont care for the low light part. As for the screen there are contradictory opinions, some say the difference is barely noticeable others say otherwise. Apart from Refocus most of the Nokia apps will make it to the 822 so it doesnt seem like a great update. Still conflicted.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
There's a huge difference between 920 (GSM) and 822 (Mainly CDMA), 920 being a flagship, has Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) and other things.
I'd like to point the fact that 920 is a bit old now, I'm not saying its ancient but there are devices available now which are more powerful than 920.

You might want to look at Lumia 925, since you are looking for refurbs/used it should cost somewhere around $200~ you'll be stuck with 16GB device memory though (No expansion slots).

If you're comfortable with that I'd seriously advise you to go with 925, its made of aluminium and looks pretty slick, the only thing I don't like about it is the memory part, but its just me, I know people who still live happily with a 2GB memory card on their phone.

If you look at Ebay you should have no problems finding it at the right price.

Let me know what you think.

Edit - Oh boy, you are the same Incipio case guy, I just disappointed you on your incipio thread lol.

rcid

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
There's a huge difference between 920 (GSM) and 822 (Mainly CDMA), 920 being a flagship, has Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) and other things.
I'd like to point the fact that 920 is a bit old now, I'm not saying its ancient but there are devices available now which are more powerful than 920.

You might want to look at Lumia 925, since you are looking for refurbs/used it should cost somewhere around $200~ you'll be stuck with 16GB device memory though (No expansion slots).

If you're comfortable with that I'd seriously advise you to go with 925, its made of aluminium and looks pretty slick, the only thing I don't like about it is the memory part, but its just me, I know people who still live happily with a 2GB memory card on their phone.

If you look at Ebay you should have no problems finding it at the right price.

Let me know what you think.

Edit - Oh boy, you are the same Incipio case guy, I just disappointed you on your incipio thread lol.

Not really mate that was helpful of you about the case, this is just a whole different quandary. I would be much obliged if you did find an unlocked lumia 925 for $200 or even 250, only the 920 is selling at 269 these days.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Assuming you are from the states, I am sending you a PM in a bit.
Posting links for the phone in public will be like putting a $100 bill on the road and hoping nobody will pick it up.

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Just sent you the PM, I hope you have plenty of choices now and you'll be like "God which one do I buy I want all of them, why did you offer me so many choices montsa007!!!"

thejaredhuang

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I did the same upgrade. Originally I did it purely for the camera and it was an improvement. Here are my thoughts:

920 > 822, MMS and LTE work with my carrier (T-Mobile and AT&T), camera, 32gb onboard, bunch of different regional ROMs as well as unbranded ROMs
822 > 920 microSD card for side loading xaps, better battery life, removable battery, thinner, lighter

The screen resolution, believe it or not didn't make a difference to me. I had and still have a hard time seeing a difference between the two. When I first got the 920 I didn't notice a difference and I still don't, actually I even forgot the 920 had a higher resolution screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs