925 is a huge improvement

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I have been using a Lumia 925 for the past couple of days as I test T-Mobile's network for work, and its a huge improvement over the 920 my sister uses and the 928 I use on Verizon. I wasn't expecting this much of an upgrade, but the build quality is fantastic and rivals my iPhone 5s. I've had a number of iPhone users comment on it thus far, and may have a few converts.

I'm also surprised by how much better T-Mobile's network has gotten in the Greater NYC area. Its still not as robust of Verizon or AT&T, but it holds up pretty well.

I really wish Verizon had picked this up instead of the 928, hate that they keep going with specializes variants.

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
That's great to hear! I will also be buying a 925; coming from a 920 that I dropped and unfortunately broke, it's nice to hear the it's a great upgrade from the 920! How does the screen compare to the 920? I've heard it's not as good but I kind of don't believe that :eek: AMOLED is better on WP because of the dark theme imo (I am slightly afraid of getting a screen burn in, though..)!

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
That's great to hear! I will also be buying a 925; coming from a 920 that I dropped and unfortunately broke, it's nice to hear the it's a great upgrade from the 920! How does the screen compare to the 920? I've heard it's not as good but I kind of don't believe that :eek: AMOLED is better on WP because of the dark theme imo (I am slightly afraid of getting a screen burn in, though..)!
I have the 928, which has the same screen, so no problems with burn in. I love the screen, looks great but its amoled so its more saturated.the main difference is that it's very thin, but seems to be very well built.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I have the 928, which has the same screen, so no problems with burn in. I love the screen, looks great but its amoled so its more saturated.the main difference is that it's very thin, but seems to be very well built.

IMO the screen saturation can be controlled with the Nokia Color Profile app.

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

Do you notice any blurring when you scroll very fast on home screen? I think amloed screens do not refresh very fast..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Robert Crist

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Do you notice any blurring when you scroll very fast on home screen? I think amloed screens do not refresh very fast..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

I don't notice any blurring on my 925 when I scroll quickly. I have my 920 at home and I can compare them side-by-side later.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss