Me Tile Photo Won't Update

dazorange

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys. I'm having an odd issue with my 928. I have updated my profile picture on all of my accounts a couple of times but it is not updating my live tile with the new picture. Have any of you had the same issue, and or do you have a solution for it?

donebrasko

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys. I'm having an odd issue with my 928. I have updated my profile picture on all of my accounts a couple of times but it is not updating my live tile with the new picture. Have any of you had the same issue, and or do you have a solution for it?

I am having the same problem. I've manually changed it and it doesn't stick

KrankyKoder

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I read this in another thread here yesterday after discovering the problems myself.

To fix it, though inconvenient, i had to log into FB on my PC then navigate to the Profile Pictures album, select the photo and click "make this my profile picture", Then in WP i went to accounts and sync'd the FB account. the me tile picture was up to date..

MS or FB does need to fix this though, I didn't have this problems before GDR2 and I seeing the problem may still exist in GDR3.

dazorange

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
The weird thing is that it will update the picture on my Facebook and Hotmail account but my phone is somehow stuck. I tried syncing Facebook account in settings but it had no effect. Well, if anyone hears anything please let me know here. I'll also do some more digging.

novaprime9

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I have this issue not with my Me tile, but my wife's contact tile. She's changed it a few times, and my 928 still shows the same old shot. She thinks she figured out why, though... but i can't test because she's not willing to make the change. So maybe you guys can give this a shot. Here's her thought:

She doesn't allow her profile image to be displayed on her timeline, as a timeline update or post or whatever you'd call it. I asked her to allow it, but she feels like then she's just asking for people to comment on her picture and that makes her uncomfortable.

Maybe one of you guys could try this? Take a look and see, when you change your profile image, if it shows up in your timeline?

It's not much, but it's worth a shot...

novaprime9

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Awesome!

Funny thing... I changed my profile image for Halloween, and the phone didn't change the Me tile. After poking around a bit, I found ANOTHER thing you guys should check.

You know in Facebook how albums have an album cover? Your profile pictures album has an album cover as well, but you can't choose it like you can the others. FB seems to pick it randomly. And the one my Me tile was showing was the current album cover. Now for a bit of honesty- I don't remember what I did to get it to change. I think I just uploaded the same image a few times (three, to be exact, based on what I'm seeing in my profiles pictures album) and FINALLY it took one of those and made it the album cover.

NOTE THAT I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT THE COVER PHOTO THAT GOES AT THE TOP OF YOUR TIMELINE! The Album Covers are just the images shown when you're looking at your albums- the thumbnail for that album, I guess.

Anyway, I truly believe this is what's locking up the Me tiles, and until MS makes the Me tile look at the most recent picture in the Profile Pictures album instead of the Album Cover, we'll have this issue pop up from time to time when Facebook decides that it doesn't want to use your newest picture as the cover. (holy run-on-sentences, Batman!)

I hope this helps!

novaprime9

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
quick update:

I just changed my fb profile image, and the Me tile did not update again. I checked my FB Profile Images album, and sure enough, the new image was not the album cover.

What I did was... I clicked on the image, selected Options, then clicked "use as profile image." It said "You've used this one in the past, are you sure?" I clicked yes, and then looked at the albums again. Now it was the album cover.

Looked at the phone, and my Me tile had updated.

Not exactly intuitive, but at least we know how to get around this bug now!

ozahran

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
quick update:

I just changed my fb profile image, and the Me tile did not update again. I checked my FB Profile Images album, and sure enough, the new image was not the album cover.

What I did was... I clicked on the image, selected Options, then clicked "use as profile image." It said "You've used this one in the past, are you sure?" I clicked yes, and then looked at the albums again. Now it was the album cover.

Looked at the phone, and my Me tile had updated.

Not exactly intuitive, but at least we know how to get around this bug now!

Did you do this through the app or the website?

novaprime9

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
No, it's completely random. Facebook will sometimes make your new profile image the Profile Images Album Cover, and sometimes it won't. The Me Tile seems to not use the most recent image in that album, but the album cover. So you will at times have to force it to become the album cover.

BadFeet7

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I have had the same issue but only in the last week or so. I updated my profile pic through the me tile and it changed. Then about 30 mins of not using my phone, it changed back to an old one i used a few months ago, not even my last one. Today I tried to change my profile pic again and now it is showing the default stock image that Facebook shows if you have never uploaded a profile pic before. If I click on the image through the Facebook app (not beta) it expands and shows the correct image, then go back to my profile page and the stock image, shows stock image on my wife's iphone Facebook app too. Its becoming very annoying.

novaprime9

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Go into Facebook on a computer, and go to your timeline (or wall, whatever they're calling it these days. The page you get when you click your name or profile image. From there, click on Photos (under your Cover Image). Now click on Albums.

Look for - but do not click - Profile Pictures.

What is the image showing there?

In my experience, that image is the one that the Me tile picks up... which is a bug. It should pick up the latest image within that album.

If I'm right, you will be seeing the image that your Me Tile is displaying. Now go ahead and click to get into the album, and click the image you're using as your current profile pic. Beneath the image, click Options, and select "make profile picture." It'll give you some warning about having used this image before. Just tell it to shut up (or whatever) and click yes.

Now go back to the albums page and see if your profile picture is the Profile Pictures Album cover image (that thumbnail we were looking at before, which was probably showing the wrong image). Is it the right one now? If not, repeat this last step until Facebook stops being a &*$%ing ***** and makes the switch. Once it does, head on back to your phone and hit your Me Tile. Click the image in there and see if the magic happens.

I truly hope this helps. I've used this method a few times in the past couple of weeks, myself.

BadFeet7

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for your help & advice. I really appreciate it. However, it seems to of just worked itself out, without me doing anything. I will see how it goes and report back if it happens again.

dazorange

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
novaprime9 you were completely correct. I followed your advice and that fixed it. What an interesting little bug. I would never have even thought to look there. I changed the photo twice and it was still not updating. But once I went in and followed your directions it worked like a charm. So I guess that is a bit of an issue with both WP not grabbing the last uploaded photo in the album and facebook not reliably updating the cover of the album.

novaprime9

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Very glad to hear that.

Yes, it's definitely a two-headed monster here... our phones are looking at the wrong thing, and FB is being downright weird. :)

I've been noticing this behavior in my photo albums now as well. Both from FB and from Skydrive, sometimes tiles will be blank. For fb, I have to go in and set a different image as an album cover and it works. Skydrive is a lot stranger, and I just have to mess with it until it works. I've found no common factor.

jleebiker

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I had to change my profile pic this weekend and at first it didn't take the change. Then out of the blue, it did it on it's own. Don't know the rhyme or reason.

impratick

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

sign out from your Facebook app n again sign in, in my case it worked!!

donebrasko

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Very glad to hear that.

Yes, it's definitely a two-headed monster here... our phones are looking at the wrong thing, and FB is being downright weird. :)

I've been noticing this behavior in my photo albums now as well. Both from FB and from Skydrive, sometimes tiles will be blank. For fb, I have to go in and set a different image as an album cover and it works. Skydrive is a lot stranger, and I just have to mess with it until it works. I've found no common factor.

how do you set a different image as album cover?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium