Wish it had an AT&T/Global version?

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
The 1520 is a very nice device. 1080p, snapdragon 800, built in wireless charging (except for AT&T), microSD, and more. But it's too damn big. Now, I see the 929, and if it has the same specs as the 1520, just in a 5 inch screen, I would be all over it, except I'm on AT&T. I know you guys not from the US want the 929 as well. What do you guys think? You holding back for the 929 because the 1520 too big? Or getting the 1520 because you want all those goodies?

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Holding out for an AT&T variant of the 929. I used my friend's Note 3 and it fit fine in my pocket while standing up, but was way too big and felt weird sitting down.

Last edited:

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
You don't think I thought of that? Lol. I want to do this because they will know that not just Verizon customers want it, and when they announce the device, an AT&T/Global variant will be announced too.

Honestly, join the club. As a VZW customer, I've wanted AT&T exclusives since the 920 launched.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I'd rather they release an unlocked US version with support for AT&T's and T-Mobile's frequencies. If they make it into an AT&T version, AT&T will probably drop the storage again and get rid of the Qi wireless charging. Plus, sometimes AT&T takes too long with updates and they get rid of Data Sense. Unbranded is better.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I'd rather they release an unlocked US version with support for AT&T's and T-Mobile's frequencies. If they make it into an AT&T version, AT&T will probably drop the storage again and get rid of the Qi wireless charging. Plus, sometimes AT&T takes too long with updates and they get rid of Data Sense. Unbranded is better.

More expensive though.

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Why would there not be a 5" 1080p for international markets and other carriers? That's extremely silly. The 1520 is just a niche product for the phablet segment. There is going to be a successor to the 920. It's their bread and butter and mainstream phone to compete with other 5"-ish phones, and will also be on AT&T. Like saying Samsung is going to release the Note 4 next year but neglect to release the S5 except some weird Verizon variant only.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Why would there not be a 5" 1080p for international markets and other carriers? That's extremely silly. The 1520 is just a niche product for the phablet segment. There is going to be a successor to the 920. It's their bread and butter and mainstream phone to compete with other 5"-ish phones, and will also be on AT&T. Like saying Samsung is going to release the Note 4 next year but neglect to release the S5 except some weird Verizon variant only.

I think it'll come out. But I think Verizon is going to pull an AT&T and have this 5inch variant as an exclusive for at least a few months before an AT&T variant will come out in the US. Global variant, i'm not sure.

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, isn't any one kind of relieved that their 920's aren't outdated already? With every manufacturer updating their phones every 12 months when we have contracts for 24 months, it's kind of nice to not have to feel like **** for having an outdated phone! haha. And until there is a proper 1080p quad core 920 sized phone with 20mp or 41mp camera, I wouldn't upgrade to anything except that. My standards are too high from the 920!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)