Nokia Lumia 929 In Dragons Adventure Ad

Penny_1

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
I don't remember where I saw this, but there was a size comparison photo posted somewhere between the Lumia 929 and the Galaxy Note 3. The 929 was much closer in size to the Note 3 than you would expect, which is not great.

In my opinion, there's no reason why a 5" phone should be a whole lot bigger than the 928 in physical dimensions. But if you compare the leaked photos of the 929 with those of the 1520, you'll notice that the bottom bezel on the 929 is noticeably larger. Everything I've seen so far pretty much corroborates the idea that this will be an unexpectedly large phone for having a 5" screen.

nola75

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
That would be unfortunate in the sense that it is the anticipation that the 929 will have a more practical overall size than the 1520 that creates so much interest. People are looking for the first true successor to the 920 series IMO. It has to fit in a shirt pocket comfortably for that to work. Overall dimensions matter more than weight or screen size. It has to be enough smaller to make a real difference.

nola75

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
I found a reference to the FCC filing for RM-927 with the Verizon bands. Dimensions are 137mm x 71mm which would make it 7mm taller than the 1020 with the same width. That makes the phone a lot more reasonable than the 1520 to carry. I wouldn't worry too much about the size if I was a Verizon customer.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I found a reference to the FCC filing for RM-927 with the Verizon bands. Dimensions are 137mm x 71mm which would make it 7mm taller than the 1020 with the same width. That makes the phone a lot more reasonable than the 1520 to carry. I wouldn't worry too much about the size if I was a Verizon customer.

This site allows you to compare sizes and specs of phones. The NL929 is obviously not available to compare. But I figured the ZTE Grand S would be a good device to use instead given that it's got a 5 inch display. so the 929 will be slightly taller than the 928, which is a bit taller than the 1020 and 925.

Compare Mobile Phones Side by Side with Actual size

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
First off... I am stunned to see a forum for this device even before it is announced. Bully for WPC!! :smile:

I am not to worried about size in general. This seems like a near perfect WP device for those that like larger screens, but really do not want a phone the size of school bus to carry around. It will take some convincing to get me to Verizon due to it's higher price, but this could be the first major hurdle: A WP worth switching for, something Big Red has never offered me.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
First off... I am stunned to see a forum for this device even before it is announced. Bully for WPC!! :smile: .

It actually feels a bit premature for it to have an official subsection. I'm afraid of how long we'll be watching this subsection before we actually hear about the device :s. Hurry, Verizon!

Last edited:

maevinj

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
It actually feels a bit premature for it to have an official subsection. I'm afraid of how long we'll be watching this subsection before we actually hear about the device :s. Hurry, Verizon!
I think WPcentral has some information we don't and that's why they moved it to this section.

Bo

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I guess it's confirmed. This device looks just like the 929 pictures WPC just posted with the official specs, so this is the actual size of the 929 and not a prop. Either her hands are really small or that phone is almost the length of the tablet from top to bottom. Looking at the comparison pictures the phone is slightly longer than the 1020.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I guess it's confirmed. This device looks just like the 929 pictures WPC just posted with the official specs, so this is the actual size of the 929 and not a prop. Either her hands are really small or that phone is almost the length of the tablet from top to bottom. Looking at the comparison pictures the phone is slightly longer than the 1020.

It's still a prop. We have actual dimensions on the phone now. This commercial is irrelevant to the 929.

Verizon_Lumia_929_1020_cleaned.jpg

Bo

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Anything used in a video production is a prop, all I was saying is that the device in the video is clearly the 929. The car and tablet in the video are props too.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Anything used in a video production is a prop, all I was saying is that the device in the video is clearly the 929. The car and tablet in the video are props too.

You cannot use the video to determine the size of the 929. It's pure silliness. The prop device in the commercial is obviously taller than 136.5 mm. Again, commercial is irrelevant to the 929. The 2520 looks great, though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999