Here Drive + on Ativ S

Shayx

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
hey everybody.
i installed Nokia Here Drive+ on my ativ s, using the nokiaupdates application,
now i'm trying to install it on another ativ s, but the application has been removed from the store.

is there any other way to install it?
or maybe can i transfer the app to his device?
i'm interop-unlocked, i can get his device to interop-unlock if that would help.

thanks for any advice.

urosinho

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Perhaps it has something to do with regional settings? I couldnt install tunein radio till i have changed regional settings to UK.

Exotic Hadron

May 19, 2013
Visit site
What if you grab the XAP from here and then just install it locally by placing the downloaded XAP to a folder such as .\Apps (.\ means current folder) on SD card?

Simply do the following:
1. Download the XAP and save it somewhere on your PC such as %userprofile%\My Documents.
2. Connect your phone to PC via microUSB cable and create Apps folder on SD card.
3. Copy downloaded XAP to the Apps folder.
4. Open Store app on the Phone.

You must wait for some time until SD Card menu item will pop up in the list of available options in Store. Sometimes you need to restart the phone (simply hold the Power button, then slide the screen down to switch the phone off. The phone will automatically boot right after being turned off if it is still connected via USB cable) and re-open Store app. Sometimes, you may also need to open Apps item in Store do some search in the market and then get back to the main Store screen to get the SD Card item shown.

5. When you open SD Card menu, the saved Here Drive+ XAP will be there. Just tap it to choose and tap Install and you are done.

Shayx

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
i don't think it will be possible. it will just tell me it can't install because my device is not compatible.
thats why i need the nokiaupdates app, it allowed me to set up a proxy and then through the app download the Here Drive+ application free of charge
and without limitations.

the nokiaupdates is no longer on the store. i'm in US region and that's where i was when i downloaded it for the first time.

Shayx

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
it was free when i downloaded it through the app...i guess it's why they removed it.
found it somewhere else but haven't tried it yet.

dw852

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
it was free when i downloaded it through the app...i guess it's why they removed it.
found it somewhere else but haven't tried it yet.
There are 2 versions of Here Drive. One is Here Drive. The other is Here Drive+. If I'm not mistaken, the Here Drive is free for some countries. And the Here Drive+ is free for the high-end Nokia handsets.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
i need here drive + free plz tell me step by step a good method that actually will grap tje app for me thx...my english is bad

I'm sorry to say this but if you don't own a high end Nokia device then you won't get it for free. The best you can do is get HERE Drive and pay for HERE Drive+

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Here Drive+ was the original Beta version I believe. When it was released in final it was split. HERE Drive will allow you to have the maps for the US if your phone is from there. You can do a paid upgrade to get ALL the maps for the other countries. The upgrade is very reasonably priced.

I have maps on my device for 5 different countries.

tbonenga

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
i need here drive + free plz tell me step by step a good method that actually will grap tje app for me thx...my english is bad

You can try the proxy trick. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
Turn cellular off
Connect with WiFi
On the WiFi screen tap the connected network
Turn proxy on
Enter 117.135.139.179
Port 8888
It should sdownload.
This is a hit and miss. Sometimes it works and sometimes it don't.
Instead of looking in the store it's easier to find Nokia apps in the app sysapp pusher. I actually downloaded Nokia appsocial. You can put just about every Nokia app on your phone. I even put Nokia camera but it didn't work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs