My 920 or new 1520?

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I've had my 920 since day one and I love it but as always im I like new toys.my main issue with my 920 is my other storage ! I'm on 10 GB .still! My phone fits me perfect and works great! Sweet pics. So what do you guys think should I give up my 920 ? Buy new 1520? Keep my 920? If I keep will we see better other storage fixes or hard reset only choice? Thanks guys!

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
It will depend if you have an issue with the monster size of the L1520.

IF Nokia had presented us with a phone exactly as the L1520 but with 5" tops (pretty much like what the L929 seems to be) then I would say: switch from the L920 to the L929.
However, having Nokia turned the L1520 into another niche phone, it will be up to you. I wouldn't trade my L920 for a L1520 nor today nor never. For an international L929, I would buy it immediately.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
As far as I can tell gdr3 solves the other storage issue satisfactorily. It lets you manually clear it, and it doesn't seem to accumulate as badly. On update 1 I had 5.34gb of other, on update 2 it went down to 2.3gb, and even though my app and media counts have gone up from downloading more of both, I have yet to accumulate more than 800mb of Temporary Files. (they changed its name too!) Battery life is also significantly improved. If it were me I'd keep the 920 for now...

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
As far as I can tell gdr3 solves the other storage issue satisfactorily. It lets you manually clear it, and it doesn't seem to accumulate as badly. On update 1 I had 5.34gb of other, on update 2 it went down to 2.3gb, and even though my app and media counts have gone up from downloading more of both, I have yet to accumulate more than 800mb of Temporary Files. (they changed its name too!) Battery life is also significantly improved. If it were me I'd keep the 920 for now...
I can't clear that 10 GB of other if you look like many have failed to in the storage check location you can't delete those files so my other is still on 10 GB and climbing even with gdr3 this storage check feature for nokias has been I think ignored since gdr3 because many have seen.......massive other storage is still there!

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I can't clear that 10 GB of other if you look like many have failed to in the storage check location you can't delete those files so my other is still on 10 GB and climbing even with gdr3 this storage check feature for nokias has been I think ignored since gdr3 because many have seen.......massive other storage is still there!

So you have gdr3? I should also note that I have an Ativ S, so I may very well be looking at a different screen... I've got a friend with the dev preview on his 920. I'll ask him about it.

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
So you have gdr3? I should also note that I have an Ativ S, so I may very well be looking at a different screen... I've got a friend with the dev preview on his 920. I'll ask him about it.

920 on dev preview. Lumias have storage check app( not phone storage) and that's where we see still the other storage issue! I hate this being another other thread but I want to know if it has been actually fixed on the new 1520

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
920 on dev preview. Lumias have storage check app( not phone storage) and that's where we see still the other storage issue! I hate this being another other thread but I want to know if it has been actually fixed on the new 1520

There's a 1520 AMA thread in the forum right now. You could ask that guy... :)

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

I have GDR3 preview and although they give you a tool to clean the temporary files, that tool simply does nothing.
Perhaps (and I hope) that will be fixed on the final release. But as of yet, the storage problem still exists. Mine was considerably aggravated with GDR2. Before it, I had 2GB of "Other". After GDR2 it went to over 5GB and it hasn't come down since.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire