Nokia Camera for Lumia 820

Edwardlb20

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
EDIT: THIS APP IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR ALL WP8 LUMIA DEVICES IN THE STORE WITHOUT USING THIS TRICK.

Many of you will be annoyed that, yet again, Nokia haven't released their updated 'Nokia Camera' app for devices lower than the Lumia 920. If you want to get this app without having to wait for the Lumia Black Update early next year just follow these simple steps:

1. Go to Settings > Language + Region
2. Change 'Country/Region' to United States
3. Restart your Phone using the button that appears above the 'Browser & Search Language' box
4. Go to Settings > WiFi
5. Connect to a WiFi Network
6. Once connected, tap on the WiFi network you are connected to
7. Turn the Proxy option on
8. In the Server/URL box type in 103.13.29.118
9. In the Port box type in 8888
10. Click on the Tick at the bottom of the page
11. Go to the Store
12. Search for Nokia Camera
13. Click Install or Update (Depends whether you already have Pro Cam installed)
14. Go to Settings > WiFi
15. Turn the Proxy off
16. Go to Store > Downloads
17. Retry the Download
18. Once finished, change Region setting back to your own country
19. Restart the phone using the button that appears
20. Enjoy Nokia Camera

N.B. If your download says 'Attention Required. Tap Here.' then make sure you have turned off the proxy in WiFi settings, then retry the download. If it still doesn't work then turn off WiFi completely and retry the download over your Mobile Connection.
If the proxy doesn't work try 117.135.139.179 instead
The Nokia Lumia Amber Update is required for this app to work

Last edited:

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
You really don't have to change country, it's not a region specific app, hiding the phone's ID with a Wi-Fi proxy will suffice.
As an added note if 103.13.28.118 doesn't work 117.135.139.179 will.

Addendum:
if you don't have Amber it won't work.

drinkits

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Have Amber, have Pro Cam. Can't find Nokia Camera in Store. Even tried to change region to US. Maybe it is because I'm using GDR3?

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Have Amber, have Pro Cam. Can't find Nokia Camera in Store. Even tried to change region to US. Maybe it is because I'm using GDR3?

Download SysAPP Pusher (that exact spelling) that will show you all the Nokia photo apps or go the the APP link on the forum
and find the article for the update and use your Scan QR camera and scan the QR and it will take you to Nokia Camera
Or look here for the QR Nokia Camera receives minor update to address initial quirks | Windows Phone Central

And if you don't have a 9XX and above model Lumia you'll have to do the same thing you did to get it on your phone as you did with Pro Cam.

I have an 810 with GDR3 and I just updated the updated Nokia Camera but I used 103.13.29.118 /8888 because 117.135.139.179 was too busy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett