Question? Best Nokia 1020 case

grebee

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I used to have 920 with very nice case that helped the phone didn't slip out my hand. Now upgraded to 1020 I'm still looking for that nice case. Any suggestion guys?

matthoms

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I'd have to say the Nillikin snap on case. That one is pretty nice. It adds grip, it's small, and protects the camera.

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
I'd have to say the Nillikin snap on case. That one is pretty nice. It adds grip, it's small, and protects the camera.

+1 for this its a nice case , just make sure you remove it once every so often and get rid of dust or the dust between the case and phone may ruin the matte finish like some cases did with the 920 etc i have also bought the fake ''nokia leather case with camera cover'' its fake leather with a soft silicone inside and a clip on camera cover like this

Add a little snazziness to your Nokia Lumia 1020 with this leather case | Windows Phone Central

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Tetded..google them

I have a red color AGF style case that unlike the ATT one is REAL leather, with a suede lining inside. Minimal, comfortable, protects back and corners + looks great.

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
really dont see the point of the noreve one on the 1020 , its a nice case but it must be a right annoyance taking pictures with the flap flapping about etc it would annoy me something crazy :-/

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
really dont see the point of the noreve one on the 1020 , its a nice case but it must be a right annoyance taking pictures with the flap flapping about etc it would annoy me something crazy :-/

It depends on the situation, when I know I will take lots of photos with my 1020 I just use the camera grip case, but for everyday use I don't see the flap as a huge issue. If the Noreve had a lens cover as well I would get it even if its a bit pricy.

buxz777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
It depends on the situation, when I know I will take lots of photos with my 1020 I just use the camera grip case, but for everyday use I don't see the flap as a huge issue. If the Noreve had a lens cover as well I would get it even if its a bit pricy.

fair points indeed ;-)

rexii23

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm gonna chime in here. I was in China for a month, went on Taobao which is the Chinese version of ebay for a 1020 case hunt. To me the old official nokia 920 is perfect - it offered great protection, adds grip, comes in a bunch of colors and fitted like a glove. I love to be able to just put down my 920 on any surface without the need to be gentle.

Nokia somehow decided that the 1020 doesn't deserve such a case and I was left with trying to find something similar. I've went case testing and bought about 20 different styles. The soft TPU ones were of horrid quality, and broke the clean design of my 1020. The hard cases were all made from polycarbonate, which is good in that it came in a variety of colors, but I gave up since it is just as slippery and a phone with no case. The Nilikin case is one such case. In the end I've settled with this:

T2oJkMXfhaXXXXXXXX_!!715242797.jpg
T2xX7YXfNXXXXXXXXX_!!715242797.jpg

It's about $2AUD when converted from RMB and it has:
superior grip - it features a sandy textured surface
fingerprint and smudge proof - due to the surface again
decent protection for the back of the phone
can be taken off and put back on again in an instant so I can go grip case to camera grip in <10sec (when on it's tight so there is no chance of it slipping off)
In the end, I've bought all the colors and stocked up on a 2nd backup gray because it is my favourite (have a gray 920:p)
alas, it is still quite hard and doesn't offer much shock protection. I can't toss my 1020 on the table like the old 920:unhappy:

husslord

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Damn that's my only concern... I know it's hard to scratch up but still Ugh and the speck case is huge! I may try the poetic on amazon and the one that rexii uses... If that leather leveled out the hump I would buy it ASAP!

redeyss

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
My son dragged my 1020 on the floor like a toy car and the dirt particles on the floor scratched the metal camera hump. Under the black paint there is metal and its a very noticeable scratch. I bought the nillkin hard snap on case that covers the camera hump, great case!! Wish Nokia would make one like the cc-1043 for the 920, best case I ever owned.
Sent from my RM-877_nam_att_205 using Board Express

pipe7

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I bought one of these off ebay for $5 shipped. Was advertised as "Pudini" brand, really impressed with the feel and look. Good quality. Although the "sand" finish does tend to rub off on the corners after a while. I ordered a couple more in other colors on eBay out of China, not listed under Pudini brand just hoping they're the same ones. It does look like there are a couple different types that look very similar, so not sure if a difference in quality or same. But the one that I have has rounded holes for the buttons, and some others on eBay have more squared.

husslord

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I was looking at these cases and love how they are like the case mate slim fits for my past androids! I am going to for sure pick up one thanks for the info! When I have the money I am getting that black leather tetded case! Love the style! I also ordered the poetic hard case on amazon.... Had good/decent experience with them in the past and for $10 it's worth trying.... I never drop my phone... Knock on wood! It's just to keep it clean and slight scratches from daily use avoided... Most for resale reasons.

husslord

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
My biggest ocd issue with the phone is the hump.... I don't like the cases that cover the whole back nokia camera except the sensors, hole, etc... Bad experience in past with the flash bouncing off the plastic due to the tight fit :-( I just want to be able to rest my phone on a table on its back and know the camera and lens are ok

immyperez

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I use a cloth style pouch. I also have a flip cover which never covered the hump and really liked it. But then I thought what's the point in having a yellow 1020 if I can't show it off?

The pouch is great. 1020 fits snugly and never falls out. The pouch itself (because of the material on the outside) never even budges against the material inside the pocket.

Best of both worlds imo!!!

husslord

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I agree I get my yellow 1020 Monday and besides a screen protector.... I really don't want a case.... A pouch maybe my best bet! I have heard of people going naked and having no issues either so I guess it's just going to be a trial and error game for me.

Wadidiz

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
SunRay on tripod.jpg This is the way I did it using the Otterbox Commuter case from my 920. Even cut down & squeezed in the wireless charger plate. Wasn't easy and the phone is heavy (214g), which doesn't bother me the least. Have since added a more substantial (deeper) tripod socket. Hard to imagine a 41MP camera without ability to use tripods.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster