My 8x turns itself off randomly

scald24

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, so this happens about twice a day. I take my phone out of pocket and it's turned off. My battery is not the issue. It rarely ever gets below 50%. Any ideas? It's a little frustrating.

TripsG

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Happened for months with my girlfriends phone. Had SIM card issues, random locking, random "spooling" (where the little dots just continuously go across the top of the screen) and random reboots or just shutting down. She missed many a phone alarm because it would just shut off during the night (while plugged in!). I finally took it to the local AT&T warranty store and they ran it through tests. Turns out the phone had a bad radio in it as it wasn't getting signal (the tower is right behind the building and it was getting 2 bars). It also had a myriad of issues (scrolled horribly, locked up, etc) while the guy was looking at it. After about 10 minutes he replaced the phone with a refurb. Now everything is peachy and her phone works darn near perfectly. It's still an HTC so I would never use it but she likes the form factor and the color. Yes, I acknowledge I was a bad boyfriend and took months to get it fixed. I feel shame.

Robert Nowak

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, so this happens about twice a day. I take my phone out of pocket and it's turned off. My battery is not the issue. It rarely ever gets below 50%. Any ideas? It's a little frustrating.
This also happens to me. It's quite annoying but I'm not sure what verizon will do for me. My guess is nothing but perhaps I'll head into a store tomrorow

Captains

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site

Strange that this happened to me yesterday. My 8X has never had a problem & today seems fine..... spooky ;-)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire