Trolling Battery?

iAdrian23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Ever since I've installed GDR3 my phone's battery is playing tricks for me.

It's a tough explanation and I hope you will understand the problem. I will tell you (with a story) what happened.

On the morning of 29th (Monday) Octomber I've installed GDR 3 on my hTC 8X. It took it about 15 minutes to complete the process and I've tried most of the updates. When I got home I played some games and when I checked my battery it was 17% (2 PM). Knowning that I will have to leave for Gym in couple of hours I left it charging. I've checked it at (2:30 PM) and it the battery was still at 17% and the LED was red. I thought the socket was faulty or smth so I've changed it. Waited 20 minutes (~3PM) and it only went to 18%. I got frustrated and I've plugged it in my PC. 30 minutes later the battery increased to 19%. I thought my charger was faulty but in fact it was not. I decided to restart my phone and now, guess the percentage of my battery level! It was ~ 99%. Ok what?! And now it's happening every single time...

Also, when I plug the charger in and the phone is off it restarts -> going through the WindowsPhone Blue Screen -Welcome screen- and it before it reaches PIN Screen it then "shuts" down leaving me with the "Battery Charger Icon" charging.

Well... What is happening? GDR 3's fault or hTC 8X's or perhaps the charger...?

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
You had gdr2 before 3? I believe its an OS problem but yours seem more extreme. My battery was off like your until one of the past updates fixed it for me. I believe it also has something to do with other battery apps and having the preview gdr3 installed without the Official firmware from HTC.

iAdrian23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
You had gdr2 before 3? I believe its an OS problem but yours seem more extreme. My battery was off like your until one of the past updates fixed it for me. I believe it also has something to do with other battery apps and having the preview gdr3 installed without the Official firmware from HTC.
Yes, I did have GDR 2 and the problem appeared right after GDR 3. I thought this GDR 3 I got was official, isn't it? I got it w/o bypassing or anything (just went to phone updates).

Should I hard reset it...? But I have so much data that I do not want to lose.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Try running the juice out and recharge it while its off to 100% then test afterwards. Didn't know it was the official update, so you already have the proper firmware.

rdef

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Ever since I've installed GDR3 my phone's battery is playing tricks for me.

It's a tough explanation and I hope you will understand the problem. I will tell you (with a story) what happened.

On the morning of 29th (Monday) Octomber I've installed GDR 3 on my hTC 8X. It took it about 15 minutes to complete the process and I've tried most of the updates. When I got home I played some games and when I checked my battery it was 17% (2 PM). Knowning that I will have to leave for Gym in couple of hours I left it charging. I've checked it at (2:30 PM) and it the battery was still at 17% and the LED was red. I thought the socket was faulty or smth so I've changed it. Waited 20 minutes (~3PM) and it only went to 18%. I got frustrated and I've plugged it in my PC. 30 minutes later the battery increased to 19%. I thought my charger was faulty but in fact it was not. I decided to restart my phone and now, guess the percentage of my battery level! It was ~ 99%. Ok what?! And now it's happening every single time...

Also, when I plug the charger in and the phone is off it restarts -> going through the WindowsPhone Blue Screen -Welcome screen- and it before it reaches PIN Screen it then "shuts" down leaving me with the "Battery Charger Icon" charging.

Well... What is happening? GDR 3's fault or hTC 8X's or perhaps the charger...?
Same behavior here.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99