Lumia 925 aluminum replacement

Nick Er

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
i just bought a 925 for a week, and just before my ordered 925 phone casing arrived, i drop my phone from knee length, and the paint scrap off which now looks really awful and obvious. Is the aluminum body replaceable?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I am looking for the same but I will rather be happy with a decent case for Lumia 925. We lack accessories really badly on this one. I am surprised how easy it is to scratch the aluminium body on 925 vs the polycarb on 920. I've only dropped my 925 once and it's messed up. My 920 was kicked about like a football and was nearly as good as used, but new!

Nick Er

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Agreed. I too had an 920 and it is really badass, drop on the road twice on chest length without protection, and the screen is still brand new, however the side is a little dented, but better than 925, and i just realized there's small hole in my 925 screen too after that drop, as in a small piece of the screen came off. Damn, it's only a week, and happen just before my casing comes.

PLGomez

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure that little hole isn't the microphone hole? And I've had the Wireless Charging case on it since new. I've dropped it a few times and the screen has zero scratches and the case has worked wonderfully to mitigate any damage to the phone. It protects all the corners and the back, whenever dropping it, a corner is usually what hits the ground first.

Mugii

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
the aluminium casing of 925 is attached to the display module and comes of as a single part effectively replacing the screen, touchpanel and the whole metallic body of the phone.
it could turn out to be quite expensive to replace just to get rid of some scratches.

no idea how long it takes for the bootleggers to spit out some counterfeit parts with only the metallic body, but i wouldn't try and separate the screen or touchpanel from it if i were you :)

Nick Er

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
PLGomez,
yes it's not a microphone hole, it's a small piece of gass scrap off, at the side near the lock button.

Mugii,
Thanks for the info, just checked on it, it's expensive, i'll just accept it, most important is the phone is still awesome and working great,

PLGomez

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Ouch. Not good. I've got a wireless charging case for sale on ebay. I had purchased the red one but never used it. I prefer the black.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon