Lumia 1020 broken screen

K Raghu

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I dropped my yellow Lumia 1020 and i have a broken glass and some dents in the body.

i got it 40 days back. What are my options ?

a) Send to Nokia for repair, will they do it ? appx how much will it cost.
b) Buy glass and fix it? who are recomended dealers and thier website? i couldn't find a yellow glass.

I had purchase through credit card with a contract so they offer some coverage upto max of $200 upon receipt of bills etc .

any suggestion or tips welcome

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Nokia won't fix your dents. May replace glass. If you are covered, get it repaired by Nokia. Fixing such a costly and beautiful phone yourself doesn't make much sense. If I was you, I would definitely take the official route.

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Who is your contract with? also check your bank - many banks offer phone insurance if you subscribe to their 'premier service' then you can cancel it as its monthly rolling

K Raghu

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi Rockstarzzz,
I have filed for a service request with them, i have had good experience in past with symbian phones first time sending for WP not sure how its gonna be.

Regards
K.R

K Raghu

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi Great deal,
I have done that as it was under contract and i paid only $200 for it i dont get the whole price of the phone... but there was a price drop from $200 to $0.99 i am taking benefit of both that may cover it :) :cool:

K Raghu

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi
I called up Nokia ,they directed me to Palco Cell Phone Repair - About Us i have dealt with these guys for symbian phones as well and the cost of replacemnt is repair charge for the Lumia 1020 screen replacement is $158 plus shipping/handling. seems good deal as i am giving it to the experts.

Regards
K.R

Nokia won't fix your dents. May replace glass. If you are covered, get it repaired by Nokia. Fixing such a costly and beautiful phone yourself doesn't make much sense. If I was you, I would definitely take the official route.

Azmeer Sharipol

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi Great deal,
I have done that as it was under contract and i paid only $200 for it i dont get the whole price of the phone... but there was a price drop from $200 to $0.99 i am taking benefit of both that may cover it :) :cool:

K, I also dropped my yellow 1020 and there are now two cracks as i have dropped it before this.
I read and asked ATT CSR about the insurance claim, I would have to pay the $199 deductible which I think you meant by the $200.
But how do you get the price drop to $0.99?

Thanks!

K Raghu

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi Azmeer,
it was a offer for .99 was for a limited time, it may not be available now.

K, I also dropped my yellow 1020 and there are now two cracks as i have dropped it before this.
I read and asked ATT CSR about the insurance claim, I would have to pay the $199 deductible which I think you meant by the $200.
But how do you get the price drop to $0.99?

Thanks!

boswell88

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I dropped my Nokia 1020 a few days back. I was told by a guy who works in a phone shop that if I get the screen replaced it will stop the phone working shortly after. This is an instrument to keep people buying new nokias apparently. Can anyone shed any light on this? I am in the UK by the way.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I dropped my AT&T 1020 here in the U.S. And luckily had insurance on it. Paid the $199 deductable and they sent me a new (refurbished by Nokia) one within 24hrs. Then... About 3 weeks later, I dropped the new one!!! :( had to pay another $199 deductable (added to my monthly bill) and this time, they sent me a 1520 as a replacement. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz