Wireless charging shell fit?

burgoyne93

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Hey, my wireless charging shell arrived today for my lumia 1020 and I'm a little disappointed with the fit. It seems I'm able to squeeze the corners in and they make a little squeak as if they're not 100% tight against the phone. This is the same for all corners. I'm not sure if this is just a loose case or is this a standard problem for the charging shell ?

Cheers!

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Hey, my wireless charging shell arrived today for my lumia 1020 and I'm a little disappointed with the fit. It seems I'm able to squeeze the corners in and they make a little squeak as if they're not 100% tight against the phone. This is the same for all corners. I'm not sure if this is just a loose case or is this a standard problem for the charging shell ?

Cheers!

Pictures please to show exactly what you're dealing with.

BU2B

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I have the wireless charging shell for the 1020 and I suffer from the same problem. It feels like poor design and that's it.

daniel_sherlock

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah get the same, I tend to use it around the house at night to charge. I have other 3rd party black cases for daytime. The camera grip it much better fit I find. Will we ever get 3rd party charging cases I wonder, its only one choice bit poor

burgoyne93

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Amazon have let me send it back for a refund so I can buy another one. But if this seems like it's not an issue with specifically mine , I'm not sure if there's any point.

burgoyne93

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
You'd understand if you were using one? It's pretty annoying every time you move your hand while holding the phone to have the corners move in and squeak, it IS down to bad design, they COULD be tighter, and for a ?20 case I did expect more. Also I'm guessing the point in a wireless charging shell is, once you put it on there should be little reason to take it on and off. Otherwise it kind of defeats the object in having the convenience of just putting it down to charge.

sdc1

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Mine is the same. I also found out that if you drop the phone that the wireless shell offers no protection, it simply pops off. The 925 shell is a perfect fit and is easy to remove so that's no excuse, it's a poor design.

burgoyne93

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I can live without wireless charging for a few days so I've sent it back to Amazon and I'll try another although I wont get my hopes up as it just seems to be the design for all of them. Otherwise I have seen from quite a few people that the tape helps a fair bit.

BrandonFrisby

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Mine fits fairly snug, but the corner clips do have a very small leniency. Nothing big or dramatic, definitely nothing I'm going to seek immediate refund over.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos