A 3 feet fall and a broken LED

psreloaded

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I bought a Lumia 820 about 5 months back. Today it fell from my hand while I was sitting on the sofab from about 2.5 to 3 feet and to my hooror, this is what has happened.

1. The phone started showing No Service - Nokia Care charged me

900 INR (approx $15) to fix this but the data connection are still not working. I can make voice calls now.
2. The screen developed a fine crack on the top - This crack is so fine that its not visible from most angles. But as the hours passed, the LCD started becoming black from the top. Now when I turn it on only a small protion of the bottom part is visible, rest is all black.

Turns out the LCD liquid started seeping downwards and now it needs a replacement which the Nokia Care guys have stated would cost me about 8000 INR (approx $130)

I am really disappointed with the build quality of this phone and the the fact that I am having to shell out so much money when I can get a 520 for that price.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't sound as if you are in the US. Assuming you paid full price for phone. My question however are there not programs / companies that will provide insurance for your device? If I had to pay full price for my phone I would have some insurance on it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss