Pretty sure I destroyed my 1020 !!!

QOAM

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I am pretty sure I destroyed my Nokia 1020. I was removing the sim card tray and the sim card came loose from the tray and prevented me from getting the tray out. It was really wedged in there. Rather than call Nokia like a normal person would do, I got my needle nose pliers and wiggled and tugged and then finally just yanked it out. The tray didn't come out in one piece, but I did get my sim card out and put another phone and then fiddled around pulling out pieces of plastic. I ordered a new tray from China. It has been about 10 days and tracking says it has left China. My question is. When the sim tray gets here and I find that the tray won't go back in thanks to my handyman skills, who would I contact to get it repaired. I don't think it is under warranty. I bought it on Amazon and it was pre-owned. It is also an AT&T phone that was unlocked. Should I just look at it now as a camera, not a phone?? Diane
:crying:

montsa007

Ambassador
Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
You could call up att and ask if its under warranty, some sellers are helpful, ask them if they can help you with this :)

hacer619

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
usually at nokia care they don't ask for proof of purchase, they simply look at the date of manufacture (warranty is one year from date of manufacture) , if the phone is sent on a date beyond DOM they ask for proof of purchase. so why not send your phone to nokia care

QOAM

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I logged in and they said I have 10 days left on my warranty and I wrote how I destroyed the phone and they sent me an RMA and UPS label .. Sometimes phone makers just send a new phone. If they do I hope it isn't an AT&T or if it is an AT&T I hope it comes unlocked. I didn't get to play with it for even one week.

QOAM

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
That is what I was thinking. Could it be because I am not the original owner? I was going to call them but I thought I heard that there is not anybody in customer service on the weekend. I will call tomorrow. Or maybe wait until they fix my phone ...

husslord

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
When I got my first 1020, I had a similar problem, don't feel bad! Those sim cards and trays are small and cheap! Crap happens!

stalemate1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I am pretty sure I destroyed my Nokia 1020. I was removing the sim card tray and the sim card came loose from the tray and prevented me from getting the tray out. It was really wedged in there. Rather than call Nokia like a normal person would do, I got my needle nose pliers and wiggled and tugged and then finally just yanked it out. The tray didn't come out in one piece, but I did get my sim card out and put another phone and then fiddled around pulling out pieces of plastic. I ordered a new tray from China. It has been about 10 days and tracking says it has left China. My question is. When the sim tray gets here and I find that the tray won't go back in thanks to my handyman skills, who would I contact to get it repaired. I don't think it is under warranty. I bought it on Amazon and it was pre-owned. It is also an AT&T phone that was unlocked. Should I just look at it now as a camera, not a phone?? Diane
:crying:

How much of a "handyman" or "geek" are you willing to be ? Are you willing to purchase the part with an instruction manual on how to dismantle your phone and get it in ?

This online store should have the parts, tools and instruction manuals you need:

cell phone repair parts as LCD protective film at cell phone shop

shollywood

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Did the same thing (minus the pliers) and Nokia wouldn't cover it. They said it falls out of the warranty, as physical damage. Hate to be the bearer of bad news but.....maybe you'll have better results?

QOAM

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
My phone is still at Nokia. I didn't send it right away. Was waiting for the new tray to arrive to See if I could get it in. Couldn't Set the tray in. Didn't want to force it. They have had it 10 days. No into on their website regarding my repair, other than they have received it. Maybe I am wrong, but I think if they were going to deny the repair, they would have done So already. . I amusing my iphone again and as much as I love it I love the Nokia more. I like the Window o/s better than the iPhone... Wish you could customize the Phone like you can with the Android phone. Hoping I set some News today.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett