Automatic Wi-Fi networks switching issue on Lumia 521

charudut

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
I recently got myself a brand new Nokia Lumia 521. While I like this phone for a reasonable price it comes for, there is an issue which irritates me. It fails to switch to different Wi-Fi networks automatically! When am at school it uses a network 'A', when I get back home, it still shows as connected to 'A'. It doesn't switch to 'home' Wi-Fi, even though I have configured my phone to use 'home'. It is kinda irritating for me to, choose Wi-Fi networks, which I have already configured once to keep selecting over and over again. Even old school BlackBerry was smart enough to automatically switch. Is this a know issue? workarounds, anyone?

p1800nut

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Same here. I too am new to Windows Phone, so I thought maybe it's designed that way so the phone isn't constantly searching for Wi-Fi? I find it a bit annoying, but if that's part of the reason the battery life is so good, I can live with it..

charudut

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Well, if that's as per design, I could call it a really bad idea. I understand it should not constantly be searching for new Wi-Fi networks, but it should at least connect to the ones which have already been configured to. Let's say you have a home network, office network and school network already configured. You can't be made to switch to each network every time you hop from one place to another. On the other hand, it's not like am saving too much on my battery because of the unavailability of this much need, basic feature.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720