How many apps can I install on Lumia 520?

Kerry Andrews

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I would like to know roughly how many apps can I install on a Lumia 520, and is it true that I can't install apps and games on a Micro SD card?

Kellzea

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
It has 8gig of internal storage, so 8 gigs worth. All apps are different sizes, from a few kb to a gig or more.

A rough guestimate is about a hundred or so "normal" apps and still have plenty of room for music and pics

Kerry Andrews

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
It has 8gig of internal storage, so 8 gigs worth. All apps are different sizes, from a few kb to a gig or more.

A rough guestimate is about a hundred or so "normal" apps and still have plenty of room for music and pics

That's good to know. I was worried that because the amount of internal space doesn't seem a lot, I thought this meant that I wouldn't be able to download much apps. A hundered "normal" apps is more than enough for me.

Kellzea

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Glad to help. Realised i didn't answer the second part, sorry.

At the moment you cant install apps to the sd card, that will come in a later update. You can however save stuff like map data, music and pictures etc to it. Leaving all the internal space for apps. You should be fine :)

Kerry Andrews

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Glad to help. Realised i didn't answer the second part, sorry.

At the moment you cant install apps to the sd card, that will come in a later update. You can however save stuff like map data, music and pictures etc to it. Leaving all the internal space for apps. You should be fine :)

That's great to hear! Do you know when this update is going to be released and what the name of this update is called?

lkishor

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Yup you can install 100 apps easily, but games are most space takers, a game like wheres my water 2 takes 800 mb, whereas six gun can go in GB, so if u r not into these, 8gb(around 5 gb actual) is quite enough for 100-150 apps.
And the best part with windows phone unlike android is that no matter what number of apps you have installed, the experience will be butter smooth as always....😊

Kerry Andrews

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
That's good to know - I'm not really into games so I think I should be fine with the amount of internal space given, thanks all for your replies! :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3