no signal ON UNLOCKed lumia 1020

munis88

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,
I got a new Nokia Lumia 1020 locked on EE UK network and decided to get it unlocked. It did unlock but unfortunately every new Sim card I put in doesn't seem to have any signal bar at all. I tried with Vodafone,02,t-mobile and they all don't have even a single network bar. I even tried to manually choose the network provided and it still yet didn't work. Any ideas or help to make the Lumia signal to appear will be highly appreciated. Many thanks

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Has it ever had a signal? In other words were you using it on EE for a while then decided to get it unlocked? Even if it didn't get unlocked, a T-Mobile Sim should work anyway as it's part of EE, so should an Orange Sim.

tweedie

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
All I can think off is goto settings > mobile network > highest connection speed and make sure the right "g" is selected for the network. I know for three, it won't take 2g, and perhaps its got reset back to 2g?

munis88

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Yes I have used it with EE and am still using it with EE with no signal problem,as to the tmobo line I think it was just too old and have not used it for a while that's why it's not working. I have unlocked Xperia z1 and all my other sims (O2,voda) work perfectly fine ,the only problem is no signals or network are detected on lumia 1020

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Yep, leave the T-Mobile one alone if you haven't used it for a while. Try turning the phone off again, pop either the O2 or Vodafone one back in. Then go into 'Settings', then 'mobile network'. What does the "Active network" read at the top?

I believe you've also tried this but try scrolling down whilst in this 'mobile network' screen to "Network selection". Try selecting 'automatic', if that doesn't work try tapping on the network that the sim belongs to. Also, whilst in Network selection, do the other networks such as O2 and Vodafone have the word 'forbidden' underneath them?

munis88

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I checked p the network settings and it says no network, I tried manually choosing a network and chose O2 uk with O2 simcard in but still no any signals, and there's no word under it ,I have putted back EE and it seems to work fine

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
That's strange. Sorry, can't think of what else to try at the moment. I haven't had this exact same issue myself before though. Hopefully someone else will chime in with another suggestion to get the other sims working on your phone. It's a shame there isn't a # number you 'call' on the new Lumias that check the Sim lock status of the phone. You only tell by putting another sim in it and if it asks for a code you know it's locked. I take it, it doesn't ask for a code now with the other sims, in which case it should be fully unlocked.

munis88

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Appreciate dznk I think I will go car phone warehouse or O2 store and ask them to see if they can get it working,how do you hard reset it?

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
No problem, sorry I couldn't help you get it working on the other sims. To Hard Reset it, so everything is deleted from the phone, go into 'Settings', then 'about', then scroll to the bottom and tap 'reset your phone'. Yep, it might be worth getting CPW or O2 to try a brand new sim in it if possible.

Melten Zalters

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Munis, were you ever able to find a solution to your problem? I also have a unlocked 1020 that does not work on any other sim card - just the original company.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3