How do You clean Your 1020 speakers?

Zerveone

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,
I wanted to ask about how to keep my 1020 speakers clean? I'm talking about loudspeaker (at the bottom, next to micro USB) and the one just above NOKIA logo. I'm expecting some answers telling me to use compressed air, but isn't it going to push the dust deeper inside or damage speakers?
I'm keeping my 1020 in my jeans pocket mostly through the day. It's often dusty where i work, so i can see that some of those tiny round holes are clogged with dust already and i wanted to keep them clean. My micro USB is also covered in dust. I heard that You can use a really soft toothbrush to clean those speekers, is it true?

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
You can use something that's really narrow like some toothbrush bristles or sometimes I'll use the 0.5 or 0.3mm pencil leads for a mechanical pencil. The best options are compressed air but short bursts and not amazingly close, just being careful so that there's no chance of causing any damage. If anyone else has any better ideas or techniques I'm interested to find this out too!

simi_id

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
If I use something narrow like a toothpick is there a risk if I go too deep to break the speaker ? Or there is a protective layer or something so I can't reach the speaker with toothpick ?

simi_id

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
Yes, but my question is if the speakerphone is protected by something or it can be touched if I insert something very narrow or covered by dust in time ....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit