Lumia 929 Released Date Nov 21

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I will continue to buy the flagship Windows Phone on Verizon on release date and sell my old one. Currently have 928, will buy 929 asap, and will buy whatever is next in the Spring.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
If the 929 has a 3400 nah battery with quad core processors it should give u all day battery life like the s4 and HTC one gets
We can hope the battery is this big, but battery size is still a pretty big question mark. Nothing solid has been heard about it and much conjecture and speculation about it being a 3400 to the point people seem to believe it to be true. With the 928 being 2000mAh and this being its successor , it should be bigger but 3400? I think that's in your dreams. That said, hope I'm wrong ;)

carstenosu

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Been lurking for a while and actively following this thread. I've been searching "Lumia 929" on Amazon and notice there are a bunch of accessories that have been popping up just in the last few hours. Most of them list December 6 as a release date with just a couple listing November 20. I'm guessing the 6th could be the release. Here are some examples:

Amazon.com: iLLumiShield - Nokia Lumia 929 Crystal Clear Screen Protectors with Anti-Bubble/Anti-Fingerprint - 3-Pack + Lifetime Replacements: Cell Phones & Accessories

Amazon.com: SUPERSHIELDZ- High Definition (HD) Clear Screen Protector Shield For Nokia Lumia 929 + Lifetime Replacements Warranty [6 Pack] - Retail Packaging: Cell Phones & Accessories

WarDamnEagle09

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Been lurking for a while and actively following this thread. I've been searching "Lumia 929" on Amazon and notice there are a bunch of accessories that have been popping up just in the last few hours. Most of them list December 6 as a release date with just a couple listing November 20. I'm guessing the 6th could be the release. Here are some examples:

Amazon.com: iLLumiShield - Nokia Lumia 929 Crystal Clear Screen Protectors with Anti-Bubble/Anti-Fingerprint - 3-Pack + Lifetime Replacements: Cell Phones & Accessories

Amazon.com: SUPERSHIELDZ- High Definition (HD) Clear Screen Protector Shield For Nokia Lumia 929 + Lifetime Replacements Warranty [6 Pack] - Retail Packaging: Cell Phones & Accessories

that is interesting, I think it was the 920 that I couldn't even find accessories/screen shields for until after its release date. But this is at least a good sign, based on the range of when the accessories are hitting the market I'd imagine the release date is in between the 20th and 6th of Dec. However, I can't imagine NOKIA/Verizon missing black Friday and the chance of parlaying the Nokia 2520 and L929. I would hope they have their stuff together by now to get their devices to market at opportune times.

maevinj

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site

And Skinomi!!
Amazon.com: Skinomi? TechSkin - Nokia Lumia 929 Screen Protector Ultra Clear Shield + Lifetime Warranty: Cell Phones & Accessories

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
It depends. If your contract isn't up I'd certainly say no. If you are happy with your phone for the most part I'd still say no and wait to see what comes out in the next 6 or 7 months. Granted you can always play they waiting game but if you got the 929 and then they came out with the 1021 on Verizon in two months you might be pissed.

I'm getting the 929 because I'm on an Android that I want to retire and go back to Windows Phone. However if I was on the 928 I don't think I'd change.

I'm not on contract, and I won't be so that I maintain my unlimited data. I do enjoy my phone. I always play the waiting game, because I can't afford $500+ everytime a phone drops!

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I will continue to buy the flagship Windows Phone on Verizon on release date and sell my old one. Currently have 928, will buy 929 asap, and will buy whatever is next in the Spring.

How much "boot" do you think you will have to come up with to buy the 929? This may be an option for me as well. I may let my business buy it for me. :smile:

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
It's pretty hard to believe they will not release the 929 with the other devices on the 21st/22nd. It is a huge day for Microsoft. In fact, in my area, Jacksonville, they are opening a new store and having Macklemore and Lewis come for a concert. There must be a problem they have found. I will get one if it's $99 on contract, but not at $199 because I have a business account and we don't really spend that much our phones. In fact, we get the 928 for free on our business account. Well, still hope it comes out this week, but not looking likely.

timmpete

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone received notification from Verizon from the 2520 page? I gave them my email there the day it was first reported here, I think last Friday, but haven't heard anything from them regarding the 2520 much less the 929.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
It's pretty hard to believe they will not release the 929 with the other devices on the 21st/22nd.

This is my train of thought as well. What a missed opportunity to not match AT&T with their 1520 & 2520 bundle. This is a real opportunity for Verizon to sell not just devices, but contracts! Which is what they're really after anyway.

The black Friday deal on the 2520 is okay. But the 929 + 2520 bundle would be so much better. Two devices discounted, two contracts sold.

Something significant must have gone wrong in carrier testing for them to delay the 929. I'm okay with the delay if it means that the NL929 will have fewer glitches and bugs. But this is still a missed opportunity for Verizon, for Nokia, and for Microsoft.

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone received notification from Verizon from the 2520 page? I gave them my email there the day it was first reported here, I think last Friday, but haven't heard anything from them regarding the 2520 much less the 929.

Nope, nothing at all besides the thanks for signing up notification.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb