Lumia 929 Released Date Nov 21

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I am not sure I will get the 929. I am using HTC 8X and I feel like the 929 is just an upgrade in speed not features. What I want to know more about is the Goldfinger

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I am not sure I will get the 929. I am using HTC 8X and I feel like the 929 is just an upgrade in speed not features. What I want to know more about is the Goldfinger

It's much more than speed. It's got a 1080 display, a larger screen, quad core, presumably larger battery & memory as compared to the 8x. Not only that, it's got different software features than the 8x. It's got Lumia amber & black - those are feature packed. It's much more than speed. If you'd like to speculate more about Goldfinger, head over to the Rumored Devices section here: Upcoming & Rumored Devices - Windows Phone Central Forums

WarDamnEagle09

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
Yea, just switching to the same hardware specs on Nokia is a big upgrade, IMHO. Did realize this until my friend with an 8X asked me to help set his up (he's new to smartphones). The Nokia firmware is worth the switch by itself.

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if we can call it a delay or problem with testing because they never announced anything. Can't be delayed if they never announced a date. Everything is speculation. I'm itching to get my hands on it but until we get an official announcement we're just throwing thoughts out there.

Sean Stanley

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
I love my 8X but I've always wanted something a bit bigger. I've been off contract for a year waiting for something like this. A bit longer won't kill me.

nasellok

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
so, Verizon press release date of 11/21 for Nokia 2520..............and no mention of the 929...............wtf. Is this thing coming out or not.

airjeff

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm kinda thinking we won't be seeing the 929 this week because it hasn't been announced. Nokia hasn't even said that it exists. Wonder if AT&T scored some right to release theirs first, that would suck. Sure hope they aren't going to wait for 8.1. I'm rockin a GS4 right now and about to through it out the window if I have to reboot it one more time, I'm just waiting to switch. Now if they make us wait, but give us a red one, I'd be happy.

edit:
Wonder what the special announcement is?
https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...tp://www.verizon.com/news.html&token=PdhEC_ki
"Live Stream With Marni Walden
Stay Tuned for a Special Announcement"

Last edited:

soaringthor

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm kinda thinking we won't be seeing the 929 this week because it hasn't been announced. Nokia hasn't even said that it exists. Wonder if AT&T scored some right to release theirs first, that would suck. Sure hope they aren't going to wait for 8.1. I'm rockin a GS4 right now and about to through it out the window if I have to reboot it one more time, I'm just waiting to switch. Now if they make us wait, but give us a red one, I'd be happy.

edit:
Verizon Wireless News Center

From that same link: "On Nov. 19 at 2 p.m. EST, Verizon Wireless will hold a news conference and live Web conference discussing the reinvention of the wireless customer experience. Tune in for remarks by Marni Walden, chief operating officer of Verizon Wireless, to hear first-hand about how the tech experience of the future is here, or follow us on Twitter at @VZWnews to get real-time updates."

Sounds like they're just trying to bring their tech support up to par with the rest of the world. They wouldn't hold a live event just to launch the 929.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
From that same link: "On Nov. 19 at 2 p.m. EST, Verizon Wireless will hold a news conference and live Web conference discussing the reinvention of the wireless customer experience. Tune in for remarks by Marni Walden, chief operating officer of Verizon Wireless, to hear first-hand about how the tech experience of the future is here, or follow us on Twitter at @VZWnews to get real-time updates."

Sounds like they're just trying to bring their tech support up to par with the rest of the world. They wouldn't hold a live event just to launch the 929.

"LOOK AT HOW TECHNOLOGICALLY ADVANCED WE ARE. WE TRULY CARE ABOUT OUR CUSTOMERS. Oh, by the way, we're releasing this phone that we won't pay any attention to for the next few months."

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
"LOOK AT HOW TECHNOLOGICALLY ADVANCED WE ARE. WE TRULY CARE ABOUT OUR CUSTOMERS. Oh, by the way, we're releasing this phone that we won't pay any attention to for the next few months."

PS we took out FM, 1 out of 3 letters on the keyboard, and had Nokia replace the 20mp camera with a 500x500 resolution Instagram-ready sensor. We love Windows Mobile 6 or 7 or whatever it is now!

DustinRyan

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I think their "special announcement" is just the destination retail store they announced in Mall of America today. And that they want to make their other retail stores in the same vision as "smart" stores.

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site

edit:
Verizon Wireless News Center

I mentioned this a while back about AT&T getting to release the 1520 since the 929 was the little brother but nobody seemed to agree with me. :(

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I think their "special announcement" is just the destination retail store they announced in Mall of America today. And that they want to make their other retail stores in the same vision as "smart" stores.

Yeah, watching their tweets and it's all about this store. Oh well.

DustinRyan

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site

I'm with you on that. It always seems like every Verizon Windows Phone becomes a "little brother" because of how little attention they give it. But of course, every Windows Phone Verizon gets (or wants), is usually nothing new, just a less flashy version of a phone that already exists, so there's nothing new to really tout.

It's unfortunate. If Verizon would get phones day 1 like AT&T does, or would want phones that weren't just black and white, they would have something to proudly announce.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I mentioned this a while back about AT&T getting to release the 1520 since the 929 was the little brother but nobody seemed to agree with me. :(

I still don't think that's it. I'm guessing it has more to do with getting the phone through the approval pipeline. Verizon is notorious for superfluous network testing and what not. They move release dates all the time. It's just a shame it happened this time with the 2520 and the holidays looming. Hopefully it releases soon. Could still be this week.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I still don't think that's it. I'm guessing it has more to do with getting the phone through the approval pipeline. Verizon is notorious for superfluous network testing and what not. They move release dates all the time. It's just a shame it happened this time with the 2520 and the holidays looming. Hopefully it releases soon. Could still be this week.

And then they still get things like call blocking not working (on their network) despite their "rigorous" testing.

Oh well, this 928 is pretty darn good ;)

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, could be. I'm guessing you meant 929 not 2520 though.

slowburnaz

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
FWIW, I went to verizonwireless.com and started one of those live chats with a sales rep...

ME: Hello. I was just wondering if there is a release date for the Nokia Lumia 929.
REP: Not yet.

So, I pushed a little further...

ME: Okay. I heard that reps were getting training on this device, so I figured it would be released pretty soon.
REP: Well, we're unable to give a release date at this time.

So, it seems to me that they do, in fact, have a release date, but reps are being told not to divulge that information.

Anyway, I just thought I'd throw that out there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb