Taking photos without unlocking phone

KingJohnEngland

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
"To quickly switch on the camera when your phone is locked, press and hold the camera key for a couple of seconds." < Nokia site

With my other phones(810, 925), if the phone was locked (with a pin) you could press the camera key and take photos without unlocking the phone.

Has this now been removed from the 1020?

Now if i press the camera key I have to tap the pin to use the camera

BAD update or bug?

jonathanrn

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
A little bit of both. So the Camera app had that feature where you could start and use basic functionality without entering a password. But if you remember, if you were to open any of the lenses, you need to enter your password. Since this Nokia Camera app is effectively a 'lens', it needs a password. It's SO frustrating! It's almost a deal breaker for Nokia Camera. I think it was actually an oversight. I'm hoping Nokia is going to be able to fix it with the Black update due soon (and coming with the 1520). I want to ask the first person who buys a 1520 if they have this problem too.

6029KingStephen

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
This is manageable by you, through settings.

If you set the default camera to be the inbuilt one, you get the behaviour you want with no pin entry. If you set it to a 3rd party camera (ie any of the Nokia cameras) you have to unlock the phone. I have mine set up to default to the inbuilt camera, so quick snaps get taken by that using the button, but when I have time to take the best shot possible I unlock the phone and use Nokia Camera from my home screen.

Best of both worlds :)

(Nice to see other royalty on here, btw!)

KingJohnEngland

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Ah Huh, I see

Tested, and yes its working as before. Now we don't normally play with the camera settings, so the question is do we need the Nokia camera, or is the default only 5Mp ? Yer quick test and there is no high res photo with default camera.. Shame

Ah huh, grandson of William the Conqueror ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss