MP4 Videos don't show up in 'videos' app

Abhishek Pradhan

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Hello guyz, i'm new to this forum. I'm using lumia 620. Recently, i download a video using UC Browser. But that mp4 video doesn't show up in ''Music+Videos -> Videos'' app. While, i can play that video just fine from within the UC browser. So, how to get this video to show up in 'Videos' app ?? Many thanks in advance. I really love my lumia 620.

marcomura

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately, apps cannot save videos in the video library... they can save them only in their isolated storage.
This is a Windows Phone limitation.

marcomura

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Again, for Windows Phone limitations, users cannot access apps' isolated storage (but this time I agree with MS for this).
So, if the app doesn't support a way to export the mp4 files outside its storage (i.e., to skydrive), there is no way to move it.

Abhishek Pradhan

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Again, for Windows Phone limitations, users cannot access apps' isolated storage (but this time I agree with MS for this).
So, if the app doesn't support a way to export the mp4 files outside its storage (i.e., to skydrive), there is no way to move it.

Thanks! Is there really no way to do it? Can i move the file using a PC ??

marcomura

May 28, 2013
Visit site
You need to have the file already on your PC (or on skydrive) to put it in your video library.
There is no way to extract it from the isolated storage of the app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon