My phones battery lasts for 3 hours only. How to improve it?

Abhishek Pradhan

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Really the battery changing must not be shown to NOKIA people. it will void the warranty.

By the way if u r using WiFi then make sure it runs under lockscreen :)
then set mail sync once a day or manually
keep brightness LOW [not automatic]
the Battery discharge is safe as you are using IE and Skype.. I too get 20 25% on heavy use. but it reduces after sometime.

by the way HOW you know BATTERY is FULL??

Battery gets fully charged in around 1 hrs 20 minutes (is it normal ? ). I know that battery is full because 'Battery Pro' app shows battery percentage at 100 % and it says ''fully charged''.

Victor Balta

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
HI,

I am having a similar issue with my 920. This is the second I have gotten from AT&T because the first one was also having bad battery life. I feel this new one is worst than the first

I fully charged it last night at 1 am. Right now its 7:22 and I am at 28%. I have not been using the phone since its been over night

Looking at battery pro its discharge speed is at 9.23 percent/hour

Currently On: Wifi Locating, Cell antenna
Currently Off: Bluetooth

Running in background:
- Active Fitness
- Battery
- Battery (I have 2 different battery apps I have installed but only installed after I started seeing issues)
- Bing Weather
- HERE City Lens
- Linked In
- Yelp
- App Social (BLOCKED)
- HERE Drive + (BLOCKED)

Getting very frustrated with bad battery life

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
The battery is taking 1 hrs 20 minutes to get fully charged. Is it normal guyz? Someone mentioned that it takes around 2 hours ??

this is normal.. I meant 2hrs nearly from LOW [10%]
now the battery app could not be trusted. I wait for the second Notification from the app. in My experience the battery drains faster if I remove charger as soon as I stop with the notification.

I would like to add that TAP TO SHARE eats battery :)

teckris

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
HI,

I am having a similar issue with my 920. This is the second I have gotten from AT&T because the first one was also having bad battery life. I feel this new one is worst than the first

I fully charged it last night at 1 am. Right now its 7:22 and I am at 28%. I have not been using the phone since its been over night

Looking at battery pro its discharge speed is at 9.23 percent/hour

Currently On: Wifi Locating, Cell antenna
Currently Off: Bluetooth

Running in background:
- Active Fitness
- Battery
- Battery (I have 2 different battery apps I have installed but only installed after I started seeing issues)
- Bing Weather
- HERE City Lens
- Linked In
- Yelp
- App Social (BLOCKED)
- HERE Drive + (BLOCKED)

Getting very frustrated with bad battery life

Why you put HERE CITY Lens?? I m thinking Location service is ON [settings -> locations]

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Why you put HERE CITY Lens?? I m thinking Location service is ON [settings -> locations]

No, it seems to be there as a background agent(background tasks, and you cant disable nokia maps/drive/music/etc anyway from running in background). OP, do note that 620 comes with only a 1300mAH battery, its very poor battery life. If you're using it very actively, you can drain it in a few hours unlike some of the bigger flagship phones or even the Lumia 720(2000mAH). Try what techiez above advise, run on 2G and report back :)

I'm running on 2G with only whatsapp in background and no other data notifications running, so with my moderate usage I'm getting around a day. Drainage also depends on the amount of time your screen-on time. Battery drains really fast when browsing few pages, it'salmost like 1% drop every 3-4 minutes, something lik that, really..!! Switch your phone if you're a avid net addict :D - my honest advice.

amitmehra057

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I also have similar probelm in L 620 . My phone is 5 months old ..i use my phone is battery saver node and uses 2G and battery gets drain so fast.and yaa my phone charges around 80 mins .

Abhishek Pradhan

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
this is normal.. I meant 2hrs nearly from LOW [10%]
now the battery app could not be trusted. I wait for the second Notification from the app. in My experience the battery drains faster if I remove charger as soon as I stop with the notification.

I would like to add that TAP TO SHARE eats battery :)

Thank you. How can i make sure that the battery is fully charged? What is 'second notification' and all ?? Plz explain, how can i know that the battery is fully charged ?? Thanks in advance.

Abhishek Pradhan

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Friends, how many hours out of it, am i supposed to get, if my sole purpose is browsing the web ?? GSM Arena mentioned that it will last for 3 hrs 50 minutes. What about your results?? Plz do post your results. It will be very helpful to me. Thanks.

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. So, according to GSM Arena, the battery lasts for only 3 hours 50 minutes, when it comes to browsing (they must be using WiFi). In my case, it lasts for around 3 hours 30 minutes. I'm over 3G. So is it normal ??

As they say yours is in the ballpark compared to that test. So yes.

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Friends, how many hours out of it, am i supposed to get, if my sole purpose is browsing the web ?? GSM Arena mentioned that it will last for 3 hrs 50 minutes. What about your results?? Plz do post your results. It will be very helpful to me. Thanks.

Probabaly around that much, but since I dont use battery app, I can't tell you exactly how much..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss