I took the Microsoft Store deal on my Pre order L1520

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I ordered my L1520 yesterday from the Microsoft Store. I did it right after I seen this on the Blog:

Microsoft Store also starting up Nokia Lumia 1520 pre-orders; comes with free goodies | Windows Phone Central

I was driving down the highway when I seen the heard show up in the WPC app on my L925 so I pulled over at the next exit to read the article. I sat right there and used my L925 to order me a 1520. (that just seams wrong some how)

Here is the deal I got:

Product Name: Nokia Lumia 1520 No Contract for AT&T (White)
Product SKU: CYF-00150 (Pre-Ordered)
Pre-order release date: Release date: 11/22/2013
Unit Price: $549.00
Qty Ordered: 1
$549.00
Product Name: Nokia Lumia 1520 Protective Cover CP-623 (Black)
Product SKU: C9F-00091 (Pre-Ordered)
Unit Price: $39.99
$39.99
Product Name: $50 Windows Store gift card
Product SKU: K6W-00334 (Pre-Ordered)
Unit Price: $50.00
$50.00
Product Name: AT&T NANO SIM - Single
Product SKU: C9F-00115 (Pre-Ordered)
Pre-order release date: Release date: 11/22/13
Unit Price: $0.00
$0.00

Discount: $89.99
Subtotal: $549.00
Sales tax: $46.70
Shipping: $16.99
Order total: $612.69
Not a bad deal I think. I didn't have any upgrades available so I ought this one outright. To recap that's $612 for a L1520 with a case, $50 gift card and overnight shipping. I'll take that or should I say I took that.

What kind of deal did you get on your L1520?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
What's the protective cover? I'd probably skip it and get an Otterbox case, but I don't know if Otterbox is available for the 1520.

jbyron

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

zrob7

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I bought from Microsoft the the first day during the pre-pre sale before they took down the site. All I have on my confirmation is the phone and sim (which I received the next day but was a micro sim and not a nano sim)

So I guess those of us who ordered that first day........ do not get the correct sim, and the other goodies :(

Anyone else in this same situation? Are we out out of luck ?

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I am supper picky when it comes to cases. I know I need one I just hate them. I feel better knowing that I will have a case first day though I will probably be using my gift card to get another. What I really need to see is what will be offered for wireless charging. I am sure I will be putting that into effect at some point. Its going to take me a few months to recover from this $600 hit to the bank account. Christmas is coming. Lets not forget I still need an XBOX One. So many new gadgets and so little cash... Its a real problem I tell ya.

g_wells04

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
I am supper picky when it comes to cases. I know I need one I just hate them. I feel better knowing that I will have a case first day though I will probably be using my gift card to get another.

So is this an app credit, or an actual Microsoft store gift card? I pre ordered mine at the Microsoft store in Scottsdale AZ. and all the guy said was $50 credit. I didn't even think about it until after I got home. When I saw your post I got excited cuz all of the sites say $20 app credit from nokia and $50 from Microsoft. It really seems weird to give out that much app credit. if it is a microsoft store card then I would use that extra credit for my surface 2 or lumia 2520 when it comes out(can't decide). now I just need to decide on how to sell my black lumia 920 for the most amount!!! I just recently got a warranty replacement for the hell of it since Monday will be the full year I've had the phone. Lucky me they were out of the refurbished and just opened a new box and gave me one!!!!! any suggestions?

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I ordered my L1520 yesterday from the Microsoft Store. I did it right after I seen this on the Blog:

Microsoft Store also starting up Nokia Lumia 1520 pre-orders; comes with free goodies | Windows Phone Central

I was driving down the highway when I seen the heard show up in the WPC app on my L925 so I pulled over at the next exit to read the article. I sat right there and used my L925 to order me a 1520. (that just seams wrong some how)

Here is the deal I got:

Product Name: Nokia Lumia 1520 No Contract for AT&T (White)
Product SKU: CYF-00150 (Pre-Ordered)
Unit Price: $549.00
$549.00
Product Name: Nokia Lumia 1520 Protective Cover CP-623 (Black)
Product SKU: C9F-00091 (Pre-Ordered)
Unit Price: $39.99
$39.99
Product Name: $50 Windows Store gift card
Product SKU: K6W-00334 (Pre-Ordered)
Unit Price: $50.00
$50.00
Product Name: AT&T NANO SIM - Single
Product SKU: C9F-00115 (Pre-Ordered)
Pre-order release date: Release date: 11/22/13
Unit Price: $0.00
oOther than being in my car, I have the exact same order. :)
$0.00
Discount: $89.99
Subtotal: $549.00
Sales tax: $46.70
Shipping: $16.99
Order total: $612.69
Not a bad deal I think. I didn't have any upgrades available so I ought this one outright. To recap that's $612 for a L1520 with a case, $50 gift card and overnight shipping. I'll take that or should I say I took that.

What kind of deal did you get on your L1520?

Looks like my order exactly. :)

Last edited:

brianLTE

May 30, 2012
Visit site
So is this an app credit, or an actual Microsoft store gift card? I pre ordered mine at the Microsoft store in Scottsdale AZ. and all the guy said was $50 credit. I didn't even think about it until after I got home. When I saw your post I got excited cuz all of the sites say $20 app credit from nokia and $50 from Microsoft. It really seems weird to give out that much app credit. if it is a microsoft store card then I would use that extra credit for my surface 2 or lumia 2520 when it comes out(can't decide). now I just need to decide on how to sell my black lumia 920 for the most amount!!! I just recently got a warranty replacement for the hell of it since Monday will be the full year I've had the phone. Lucky me they were out of the refurbished and just opened a new box and gave me one!!!!! any suggestions?

It is an app store credit. Which is crossed with the phone store and Windows 8 store (maybe even the xbox store, not sure). Yay unification!

peacock93

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I bought from Microsoft the the first day during the pre-pre sale before they took down the site. All I have on my confirmation is the phone and sim (which I received the next day but was a micro sim and not a nano sim)

So I guess those of us who ordered that first day........ do not get the correct sim, and the other goodies :(

Anyone else in this same situation? Are we out out of luck ?

zrob7...I did the same thing plus ordered a case when it went up early for preorder and was then taken down. A few days later I got a cancellation notice from Microsoft for the case. I checked the Microsoft Store and the case had indeed been cancelled but my 1520 still showed In Process. I called the Microsoft Store and had them verify my order and all of the add-ons that they were offering when the official Preorder went out. I was told that my case was cancelled because I would be getting a free case and that I would also being getting the $50 app card plus a $25 app card from Nokia.

I then later decided to Chat with them so that I would have some documentation in case something went wrong. I was told the same thing via chat. I emailed the transcript to myself and now I'm just waiting on the shipping notice.

One thing the lady told me when I spoke to them was that I might get my 1520 on the 21st since I paid for 2 day shipping and they are actually going to begin shipping preorders out on the 19th.

Hope this helps easy your worry a little.

quek9

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I had to buy 2, one for me and one for my wife. My son get my 920 so he is counting the days until the 1520 launch. On top of all that I per-ordered the xbone. M$ is killing me and my family with all of this great stuff, lol.

quek9

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
zrob7...I did the same thing plus ordered a case when it went up early for preorder and was then taken down. A few days later I got a cancellation notice from Microsoft for the case. I checked the Microsoft Store and the case had indeed been cancelled but my 1520 still showed In Process. I called the Microsoft Store and had them verify my order and all of the add-ons that they were offering when the official Preorder went out. I was told that my case was cancelled because I would be getting a free case and that I would also being getting the $50 app card plus a $25 app card from Nokia.

I then later decided to Chat with them so that I would have some documentation in case something went wrong. I was told the same thing via chat. I emailed the transcript to myself and now I'm just waiting on the shipping notice.

One thing the lady told me when I spoke to them was that I might get my 1520 on the 21st since I paid for 2 day shipping and they are actually going to begin shipping preorders out on the 19th.

Hope this helps easy your worry a little.

Cool, I sprung for 1 day shipping so I should get it on the 20th! Thanks for the information.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I currently have a 920 on contract with AT&T. I also just preordered the 1520 last Friday. I pay extra each month for insurance. When my 1520 arrives and I retire my 920, will my insurance cover my new 1520 even though I bought it off contract through the Microsoft store??? Thanks.

peacock93

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I currently have a 920 on contract with AT&T. I also just preordered the 1520 last Friday. I pay extra each month for insurance. When my 1520 arrives and I retire my 920, will my insurance cover my new 1520 even though I bought it off contract through the Microsoft store??? Thanks.

You should look into Microsoft Complete. It's $100 for 2 years and covers everything except lost or stolen. As long as you have the phone, in pieces or not, they will replace it for $50. I used to pay for AT&T insurance until I actually needed to make a claim. Then, they wanted $200 to send me a refurbished HTC Titan when my screen quit working for the 3rd time after my 1 year warranty was up. $7 bucks a month for nothing!! I bought a Lumia 900 off Woot for $199 and dropped my AT&T insurance!

Last edited:

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
You should look into Microsoft Complete. It's $100 for 2 years and covers everything except lost or stolen. As long as you have the phone, in pieces or not, they will replace it for $50. I used to pay for AT&T insurance until I actually needed to make a claim. Then, they wanted $200 to send me a refurbished HTC Titan when my screen quit working for the 3rd time after my 1 year warranty was up. $7 bucks a month for nothing!! I bought a Lumia 900 off Woot for $199 and dropped my AT&T insurance!

Wow! That is really great information. I had no idea about Microsoft Complete. Funny, you should mention AT&T's handling of your broken Titan. I went through the exact same ordeal with the exact same problem and phone. I really appreciate you telling me about this. Thanks!

mmcpher

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Congratulations! I ordered the original Surface Pro from the Microsoft Store when it first came out. That launch was botched to a degree, because their were immediate shortages and I had to wait weeks and weeks for an item I pre-ordered months in advance. Which I was none too happy about. Nor was Microsoft light on its feet in responding to the situation, as devices started sporadically appearing in local stores, yet they couldn't give me a delivery date. I hope this doesn't happen with the 1520, particulalry if you order it in yellow. But otherwise I like Microsoft Store. I dropped by a local ATT store and toyed around with the 1520 and was generally impressed, but the matte backing is a little slick, so I may want something to improve grip. I plan on using the 1520 GPS in my car, but Proclips USA is still working on the device holder, so its hard to figure which, if any, case I should get.

g_wells04

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
It is an app store credit. Which is crossed with the phone store and Windows 8 store (maybe even the xbox store, not sure). Yay unification!

I didn't even consider that it might work for the xbox store, and SWEET DAMN if it works I may just have 2 launch games for my Xbox One!!!! Gotta say man, I think you are a genious!!!!!

husslord

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Yes stay away from att insurance!! They will try to sell it off as the next best thing, but it sucks! They tried to push a refurbed phone on me a long time ago and refused!!! They will budge, but it takes time and effort, plus depending the phone, and what it costs off and on contract, your deductible is usually high.

husslord

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I have heard issues with MS launches compared to ATT, never had an issue with them. If anything yes MS has the better deal but will I receive my phone a week later than expected? I remember people saying during the 1020 launch to stay away from MS, but the insurance info is also good to know and makes me want to go through them if I do in fact get it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro