My own Hard Reset story...

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I know that this topic has been discussed a couple of times, but i just wanted to share with you my own experience with the dreaded cogs/gears of death...hehehe! Well, finally was convinced to do a hard reset due to some issues after Amber/GDR2 update. I am just proud to say that finally I conquered the "fear" of updating my beloved L720 due to the probability of it getting bricked. So here is what i did.

What you need: Patience, faith in yourself and prayer... :smile:

What I did before i resetted:

*Removed my MMC and SimCard
*Uninstalled all apps
*Backup my data again
*Since i dont know how to perform the Button Reset method, i went for the conventional "Settings" >> "Reset your phone" method

Be very brave becoz once you tap the RESET button theres no turning back. :unhappysweat:
So, then there goes the dreaded gears.....:shocked: it went on...and on...and on...for about 5 minutes or so, the phone restarted.
I was so relieved! And all i can say is, 'thank God my prayer paid off!'

I am not experiencing restarting anymore, and i can turn off my phone confidently.

Since the Amber update , ive been facing battery drain issues, with unstable battery backup. But guess what? Wiping out or doing hard reset to its faftory settings did reset the gauge, and my 98% battery has a backup of a whooping 1day and 14hrs. Before i reset, my backup was 22 hrs max at 100% battery! :angry: Just make sure that before you proceed in resetting, you have to charge up your phone to 100% so you can see the difference.
THATS ALL FOR NOW... Now, I can say that I am happy and proud owner of a buggy L720. Cant wait for the next update...

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Yeah...i feel so relieved. After being devastated for several days and several days of pondering whether to reset or not...finally! My nokia L720 is back on track! Whoooh!!! I can sleep well now. LOL

farhanmariz

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Lucky you, I performed a hard reset on my 720 last night and got the dreaded 'spinning gears of death' problem. Fortunately, the NSU method works to recover my phone. I didn't even have to let NSU download the ROM, just had to let it detect my phone and magically my phone booted to the welcome screen.

Just wanna let you know that my stuffs in the SD card didn't get deleted.

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Lucky you, I performed a hard reset on my 720 last night and got the dreaded 'spinning gears of death' problem. Fortunately, the NSU method works to recover my phone. I didn't even have to let NSU download the ROM, just had to let it detect my phone and magically my phone booted to the welcome screen.

Just wanna let you know that my stuffs in the SD card didn't get deleted.

Yeah its good to do backup everytime...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2