About 1520 & Att: My experience

darth_furious

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
It's way too early to have any reliable info on what the next iPhone(s) will be like. I for one don't get the talk of curved phones (for any ecosystem).

curved phones are concave like magnifying mirrors. They magnify your face (which is dark & blocks light) instead of reflecting the light behind you. Your face cover the screen and unless your face is glowing, it will have less glare. This means your screen doesn't have to work as hard against ambient light, saving battery and/or looking brighter

On another note, I stopped by ATT yesterday to look at the 1520. Next to me was a manager training a new employee. He said tell me about these phones. She said the Note 3 has a lot of apps and is popular, the HTC One is a well made phone, and the 1520 is a windows phone which doesn't have a lot of apps but is good for stuff like word and excel. The manager corrected her and said "don't point out the negatives, just point out the positives and let them decide what they want"
It looks like they are trying...sadly there are lots of sales reps that don't know much or maybe biased.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
LMAO... I can honestly say I don't know anyone who uses BBM. The only two people I know who still use BlackBerry are my two uncles, one of whom is in his 50s, the other in his 60s. I highly doubt they use it! :winktongue:

darth_furious

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
So I guess I will post my short experience with the Lumia 1520 here.
Now on to my actual experience:
First thing I noticed when I walked over to the 1520 was the big advertisement right above the phone which had the new Lumia 520 note on it, but the advertisement was clearly for the 1520. I should have taken a picture of this as I thought this was extremely odd. I would hate for some people to come into the store test the Lumia 1520 out to think it is the 520 and go out to buy it online for a lot cheaper.

Funny, I saw the exact same poster for the 520 above the phones (1520, galaxy mega, Sony Z)

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Surprisingly, the sales reps in the local stores around here seem to be on board with the Nokias. The guy I talked to had the 1020 and wanted to get the 1520 when it came out. However, he didn't know about the release date (thought it was in stock already) until I told him. Another girl there uses a 920.

Perhaps the 15th is when the store will get the initial shipment or have training? I'm not sure if they'd have to hold to the street date.

kevm14

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I sold my 1020 since I plan on getting the 1520. In the meantime, I bought the 520 and wow. It's insane how good this phone is for $99 no contract.

I went to Walmart to pick one up for my mother-in-law and while I was looking at their prepaid smartphone offerings, I was like...I don't understand why anyone who walks in WOULDN'T walk out with a 520.

Cotswolds

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
So the AT&T store near me has the 1520 in stock, only has black for now. I'm still not sure if I'm going to bite the bullet or wait for a 32GB version, but I could have walked out with a 16GB today if I wanted.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
one thing that is bugging me about the phone is windows phone.....I find myself still sort of missing a few apps I'd like to have as well as I feel as core features are either half-baked or still missing from Windows phone that are in Android and IOS...and even blackberry.

If you're missing the apps and features sported by Android, iOS, and Blackberry, perhaps WP isn't the platform for you? Maybe you should get a phone which has the apps and features you need, instead of one that, because of the design goals, will probably never have them.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
If you're missing the apps and features sported by Android, iOS, and Blackberry, perhaps WP isn't the platform for you? Maybe you should get a phone which has the apps and features you need, instead of one that, because of the design goals, will probably never have them.

No its not that. I love windows phone but sometimes it is an annoyance for me to want to try and app but can't because we don't have it. Its why I didn't know what candy crush was at first and why it was so popular to everyone.

The user experience is what keeps me with windows phone for now because I enjoy using my phone but sometimes I want more than it can give currently.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss