Why my Lumia 920 suddenly dies?

Yerko Antonio

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
My problem is... I don't know why, but my Lumia 920 suddenly dies. I mean, the device turns off and the unlock button doesn't work.
I'm sick of turning it on by doing a "Soft Reset". So, my question is: Does anyone know the reason (or some of them) for this annoying behavior? I can't tell when it's going to happen. If I knew this phone came with this issue, I wouldn't have bought it.
Sorry if this question was asked before, I didn't find it
Thanks in advance

Vardhan Shrivastava

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
This issue is your unit specific..i don't suffer from any such problem.... Have lumia 920 since july ...you might wanna get it checked by customer service...instead of soft reseting again n again

sym1a1a

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
My problem is... I don't know why, but my Lumia 920 suddenly dies. I mean, the device turns off and the unlock button doesn't work.
I'm sick of turning it on by doing a "Soft Reset". So, my question is: Does anyone know the reason (or some of them) for this annoying behavior? I can't tell when it's going to happen. If I knew this phone came with this issue, I wouldn't have bought it.
Sorry if this question was asked before, I didn't find it
Thanks in advance

little more info please, did this just start happening, is the phone new or did you buy it used, have you tried a HARD reset of the phone? can you correlate the incidents to anything your doing with the phone, i currently use the L1020 but bought the L920 the day it was released and used it till i bought the L1020 (roughly 8 months ) and never had a problem with it, it was and is a great phone, any more background info you can give would be helpful in trying to help you

Yerko Antonio

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
This is happening since about the 3rd week I bought it (new), and it happens about 1-2 times a month. I have this phone since February. The only time I did a Hard reset on it, the spinning gears animation was on the screen for a lot of hours. When I realized this wasn't normal I took it where I bought it and they re-installed the OS, but the problem I described above is still there

alphonsohall

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
My 920 died yesterday, the unlock button won't work, the only way to bring the phone to life is to press and hold the camera button to wake up the phone and then scroll thru the menus to get where I want to be.

I phoned tmobile (uk) today to report the problem and I was informed that I will receive a replacement phone tomorrow morning.

Well done tmobile... :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte