Can't download Samsung diagnosis app.

tbonenga

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I recently bought a ATIV S Telus T899M. I use it on T-mobile. The first thing I did was download GDR3. It runs great. No issues with calls, internet, sms, mms. The only bad thing is I don't get LTE. Only 4G, 3G and H+. There's no LTE option under cellular settings. I read that you can make some changes with the Samsung diagnosis app to get LTE. Unfortunately when I try to download the app it says not available for your phone. I've changed my region to multiple different ones with no luck. So if anyone knows how I can get the app please let me know.

Thanks

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I recently bought a ATIV S Telus T899M. I use it on T-mobile. The first thing I did was download GDR3. It runs great. No issues with calls, internet, sms, mms. The only bad thing is I don't get LTE. Only 4G, 3G and H+. There's no LTE option under cellular settings. I read that you can make some changes with the Samsung diagnosis app to get LTE. Unfortunately when I try to download the app it says not available for your phone. I've changed my region to multiple different ones with no luck. So if anyone knows how I can get the app please let me know.

Thanks

Wi Fi Proxy (use the search to find it ) many use that method, I use it to get Samsung apps on my Lumia 810

plus you might have to change region ?

anon(7917514)

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
I read that you can make some changes with the Samsung diagnosis app to get LTE

I did that and a dialer pad came up. It also says odyssey 121205 at the top. What do I do next?

Well you say that you have read how to make some changes. Go back and have a read, or ask a clearly defined question as to what you want to achieve.

tbonenga

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Well you say that you have read how to make some changes. Go back and have a read, or ask a clearly defined question as to what you want to achieve.

I'm sorry I thought I was clear.

I WANT THE SAMSUNG DIAGNOSIS APP ON MY PHONE.

From what I've read this app allows you to do some carrier changes to get LTE.

anon(7917514)

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry I thought I was clear.

I WANT THE SAMSUNG DIAGNOSIS APP ON MY PHONE.

From what I've read this app allows you to do some carrier changes to get LTE.

I'm sorry by reading your OP I assumed that you knew how to use the "SAMSUNG DIAGNOSIS APP" by entering ##634# in the dialer you have activated the app. You should now be able to follow what you have read elsewhere on changing the carrier settings.

tbonenga

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry by reading your OP I assumed that you knew how to use the "SAMSUNG DIAGNOSIS APP" by entering ##634# in the dialer you have activated the app. You should now be able to follow what you have read elsewhere on changing the carrier settings.

I figured it out. Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

lachutm

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Here's how I got my Ativ S T899m from Telus working on T-Mobile with Internet sharing:
Set cellular to LTE then Network Selection to Automatic. Make sure you download the Samsung "apn" app. (Not the "APN" for Verizon. After it's installed, go to settings and look for apn. Once there, uncheck Automatic APN and select your Active APN to the Phones Carrier. After that, under Edit APN, you should have all the services available. You should have one for data, one for MMS and one for Tethering. Edit the APN's with your carrier apn's and rename them accordingly. Exit and turn on Internet Sharing. Restart your phone, and check "apn" again. This time it should show your own carrier. Try turning on your internet sharing again just to test. Good luck!

Basicaly this let you enable all function of the phone.

JussiL

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Hey, I legimately can't open the diagnostics app, when I punch in ##634# the dial just empties but the app doesn't open, same with ##3282#. I used to be able to do this, I interop-unlocked my phone and such. I had it all, everything was peachy. But then I changed my csc(from NEE to AUT) via the diagnostics app and now I can't install any apps, I can't flash the phone, Windows phone 8 SMD binary downloader application won't let me start the flashing. Don't know what I'm doing wrong here.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs