Preorders are now LIVEfor all of the new Surface devicesfor Fall 2021

um okay so today I got a text from my mum and the little notification came up but when I clicked it the message wasn't in the thread? So I turned it off and on again and there was this exclamation point and it wouldn't do anything so I turned it off and on again and it was fine but it still didn't show the message and it was pretty important so yeah help. Also yesterday it got stuck on this screen with a lightning bolt and a gear and I had to use soft reset. I don't know if there related but yeah some help would be great and stuff
    Last edited by Bonnie Krisohos; 11-11-2013 at 09:30 PM.
    11-11-2013 09:16 PM
    What kind of messaging are you referring to? SMS, Facebook or something else?

Do both of you have the same carrier or different carriers?

Do you have any problems with messaging other people?
    11-11-2013 11:52 PM
    texts, like sms or whatever. we both have the same carrier and I also got a text from my service provider about my credit today and it hasn't appeared in the thread either
    11-12-2013 12:56 AM
    texts, like sms or whatever. we both have the same carrier and I also got a text from my service provider about my credit today and it hasn't appeared in the thread either
    Have you contacted your carrier? Issues with SMS are almost always due to carrier.
    11-12-2013 01:00 AM
    Have you contacted your carrier? Issues with SMS are almost always due to carrier.
    there is a difference in Understanding i think. He said he sees the toast but the message is not in the Messages :P
    may be like us MISSING some messages in the threads, he lost all incming ones :(
    11-12-2013 02:22 AM
    she but yeah
    I do in fact receive the messages. I get notifications telling me they are there and I can even read the first bit of them in the notification but when I click the notification and it goes to the thread where the rest of the conversation is the new message wont show up there.
    11-12-2013 03:58 AM
    she but yeah
    I do in fact receive the messages. I get notifications telling me they are there and I can even read the first bit of them in the notification but when I click the notification and it goes to the thread where the rest of the conversation is the new message wont show up there.
    sorry for my mistake :P
    you could try onething. take the sim to a new phone and check SIM MESSAGES. thats what best I could say. The missing messages cant be restored.
    For that you may need to contact Service Center :)
    11-12-2013 07:10 AM