Ugh stupid cases

husslord

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I am done with these cheap amazon/ebay cases! I just want something nice and simple! I have the yellow model and my biggest concern is being able to lay my phone down, front or back on a table with a little bump....it seems the charging shell maybe my best bet....not a wireless charging guy well not yet but the case seems to balance the phone.....am I crazy? I found a good deal under $30 for one and am thinking of doing it! I never drop my phones this is more an investment when I do decide to sell it. Anyone else using it as a case? Does the case mark up the corners like the camera grip? Thanks!

Pawlee

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I got the accessory pack for pre-ordering and personally I'm not really feeling any of it… the camera grip and tripod may prove useful for specific scenario's but honestly it doesn't really fit in to how I use my phone (I love having a great camera that replaces a point and shoot but I'm no photographer).

I had been using the 1020 without any protection because I couldn't really find anything that ticked my boxes, but I recently saw this review of the poetic case by WPcentral (Review - Poetic Atmosphere Case for Nokia Lumia 1020 | Windows Phone Central) and I liked the look it gave the phone, and it seemed to be a positive review so for the ?10 or so I spent I thought I'd give it a go, and honestly I'm really happy with it.

The buttons of the case work really well with the buttons of the phone, you can still see the signature yellow, but you have a nice new element of grey introduced in a way that looks pretty neat. Lastly, the back is really well protected now, with the additional lip around the camera further protecting what's important.

The front is not so well protected with the curved screen coming up further than the rubber, but just make habit not to put it face down (I've never done this anyways, because you can't see the screen that way).

potatopower

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I use the Pudini case for outdoors use. bought it off ebay for 8 quid. (Genuine Pudini Thin Wallet PU Leather Case Cover for Nokia Lumia 1020 - Brown | eBay)
I also have the wireless charging case for use in office.

The case is quite thin and also reduced the hump on the back.
Also, I discovered last weekend that the front flap acts as a great protector while taking pictures in the rain. :) ( Just hold it open above the phone with a finger like a shed cover)

WP_20131112_001.jpgWP_20131112_002.jpgWP_20131112_003.jpgWP_20131112_004.jpg

husslord

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I got the accessory pack for pre-ordering and personally I'm not really feeling any of it? the camera grip and tripod may prove useful for specific scenario's but honestly it doesn't really fit in to how I use my phone (I love having a great camera that replaces a point and shoot but I'm no photographer).

I had been using the 1020 without any protection because I couldn't really find anything that ticked my boxes, but I recently saw this review of the poetic case by WPcentral (Review - Poetic Atmosphere Case for Nokia Lumia 1020 | Windows Phone Central) and I liked the look it gave the phone, and it seemed to be a positive review so for the ?10 or so I spent I thought I'd give it a go, and honestly I'm really happy with it.

The buttons of the case work really well with the buttons of the phone, you can still see the signature yellow, but you have a nice new element of grey introduced in a way that looks pretty neat. Lastly, the back is really well protected now, with the additional lip around the camera further protecting what's important.

The front is not so well protected with the curved screen coming up further than the rubber, but just make habit not to put it face down (I've never done this anyways, because you can't see the screen that way).

I just got this case as well.....on the front does the rubber hang around the speaker? I love the case but the rubber on the front bottom right is hanging ......may return and try another let me know if you are having this issue
Thanks!!!!

Pawlee

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I just got this case as well.....on the front does the rubber hang around the speaker? I love the case but the rubber on the front bottom right is hanging ......may return and try another let me know if you are having this issue
Thanks!!!!
Indeed it does, it's a little bit annoying but I got over it pretty quick. The case is absolutely great otherwise. But yeah, if it's bothering you too much it may be worth just returning and finding another.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett