Battery never last a day since GDR2 on L920

anon(6067715)

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I've got a 920 for over six months now and I did not have any problem at all.

But since August and GDR2, the battery never lasts longer then 14 hours and I barely touch the phone then.

How is this possible?
I thought it was the double tap en glance, but when I turn that all off, nothing changes..

I was wondering, could it be the amount of (live) tiles on your start screen?

anon(5326758)

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Have you rebooted the phone? There are issues in several apps where the background task keeps executing even if you have "closed" the app (most famous is web pages in IE that update themselves, e.g. with ad content or dynamic comments sections). Whenever I notice my phone's battery life lagging I reboot it, and the next day it is back to normal.

BTW glance made no difference for me on battery life. It has always been down to my app usage - especially bad are apps that serve ads. I got a battery app that tracks usage per hour and captures stats (Battery, by Enless Software) - it can issue a warning when battery drain exceeds a certain percentage, which is helpful for debugging bad apps.

M

anon(6067715)

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I reboot multiple times, but it's Always going fast, no matter what setting or what kind of background. I seem to be having six background apps like 6tag, Bing news, Bing weather, whatsapp, wpcentral. And even when I block em all, it still makes no difference. (besides, if you block em all, what's the point of live tiles then.. ;-) )

I got a battery app which does the same thing, but I just need to know what it is, like with Android, where you can see which app is baddest. Now I have no clue at all and it is frustrating. I don't dare to use Spotify or go to YouTube.com since the battery is really weak. And again, without gdr2 I could easily get 1.5 day...

rubenwidjaja

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem
but after I did this, the battery become normal again, here is what I did:
- disable some useless background task
- turn on battery saver (set to always)
- turn off phone (I give my phone 5 minutes to rest in this time)
- turn on phone
- you can turn off battery saver now

some said restart you phone when battery saver on but mine success with just turn off phone

I don't guarantee it will works for you but it's works for me
nothing to lose to try :)

Last edited:

anon(6067715)

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem
but after I did this, the battery become normal again, here is what I did:
- disable some useless background task
- turn on battery saver
- turn off phone (I give my phone 5 minutes to rest in this time)
- turn on phone
- you can turn off battery saver now

some said restart you phone when battery saver on but mine success with just turn off phone

I don't guarantee it will works for you but it's works for me
nothing to lose to try :)

Unfortunately, this didn't do it for me. I've lost 40% in five hours, while playing Battlefield, I wasn't even using the phone.....

rubenwidjaja

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately, this didn't do it for me. I've lost 40% in five hours, while playing Battlefield, I wasn't even using the phone.....

I forgot to tell you to set "always" battery saver first then turn off the phone
so when you turn off, the "heart" symbol in the battery is already on
if it don't work then I have no idea :(

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
My honest opinion on this is there's no specific way to fix the random battery drain issue...ive gotten my battery to run longer over the last month (was having issues as soon as I installed gdr2) with many app uninstalls, reboots, configuration changes...i have no clue what specifically helped improve it. But one thing that has helped is killing your IE webpage (under IE menu click tabs then x so nothing exists) when im done using it. "but im not using it"...yes, but something with the process and OS eating at idle instance. Weird but give that a try for a few days....annoying but it helps.

jeff.r.gnome

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I had this happening to me last week. In my case, I narrowed it down to the "find my phone" feature. I had recently checked the box that says "save my phone's location periodically [...]". When I turned that off, my battery life improved dramatically (at least double or so). Before disabling that, battery saver wasn't helping that much. It died in one day on battery saver. Crazy!

anon(6067715)

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I had this happening to me last week. In my case, I narrowed it down to the "find my phone" feature. I had recently checked the box that says "save my phone's location periodically [...]". When I turned that off, my battery life improved dramatically (at least double or so). Before disabling that, battery saver wasn't helping that much. It died in one day on battery saver. Crazy!

I was just thinking about that,I Will try It out and tell what happened..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6