nokia lumia 820 camera not working!

Dhaval Thakur

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Guys today i checked out that my camera is not working i tries opening camera through various apps also like 6tag and whatsapp but when i open it it opens the camera but nothing comes in it all buttons are freezed. I did the hard reset too but same problem n after hard reset my glance screen feature too gone or u can say my lumia amber update is also gone
P.S when i did hard reset i used the backup help required urgently

jay6600

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I had this in a used lumia 820 i'd picked up off ebay ,camera black with all camera buttons greyed out using nokia glam me the front cams working fine .
so i suspect hardware and purchase a new camera module , fiddling to remove camera module without Nokia-SS210 camera tool i removed the module then reinserted the same module and Re try the phone ,yes camera is now working ,at first seems the process of remove had loosened some dirt or perhaps helped s bad connection.
Reassembled and tapping the camera gave some moving mosaic image on the screen and from there pressing capture froze the camera and when next tried open the screen was again blank with greyed out buttons.

jay6600

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Opening the phone again and remove the camera module and now fitting the new camera module has fixed the camera problem ,tried tapping and thankfully the moving mosaic hasnt re-occur..
So myself im thinking camera module was faulty or suffered some shock at sometime ? Prrhaps prior owner dropped it.

I wouldn't advise try this yourself unless competent on disassembley & reassembley as the camera module is difficult to remove and top is prone to damage without the nokia camera tool which you carnt buy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett