Nokia Refocus for Lumia 820

Edwardlb20

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
EDIT: THIS APP IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR ALL WP8 LUMIA DEVICES WITHOUT USING THIS TRICK

Nokia has just realeased their new Refocus App for PureView Devices (920 and higher) but not for anything lower. this app may become available for these lower end devices when Lumia Black is released, but I cant wait that long. Here are some steps on how to install this app on any Lumia device...

1. Go to Settings > Language+Region
2. Change 'Region' to United Staes
3. Restart your Phone
4. Go to Settings > WiFi and connect to a WiFi hotspot
5. Tap on the connected network to bring up the proxy page
6. Turn Proxy to On
7. In the Server/URL box type in 103.13.29.118
8. In the Port box type in 8888
9. Go to Nokia Refocus | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States) on your Lumia device
10. Tap install, then turn off the proxy to allow download to complete
11. Change Language+Region back to your own country
12. Restart your phone

Last edited:

kmji1957

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Actually, there is no need to change language and region. Just those proxy settings are enough. I've tried many times and it works.

Sent from my RM-825_eu_finland_290 using Tapatalk

Irakli III

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
i couldn't install.. i cant found it in the store.. also.. few days ago I installed pro cam with this proxy, but now i cant find that also.. maybe there is another proxy??

Irakli III

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
here is the thing I have problem with.. when i enter proxy i cant use IE, writes dns error or couldnt find server. if i do it from pc (i have windows 8) it writes that app is not for this devise.. any suggestions ?

klaw247

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Works great. :)

Bonus Tip: Install SysAppPusher to see the complete range of Nokia apps, some of which might not usually be available for N820. You can also install apps meant for other manufacturers (HTC & Samsung) using this method. Just select the app from the catalog in SysAppPusher and you'll be taken to the app's page directly; no searching required. ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999