How do I delete "other" storage?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Other consists of the Hodgepodge of various miscellaneous things like email, texts, temporary files, much of which are things you generally don't want to delete. Know that its not all bad.

However it may not be cleaned out properly, which was a problem pre-GDR2. There were solutions like shrink space, but are you on GDR2? I think that should be the first question.

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
It cannot be deleted completely. However it can be reduced significantly by advancing the Date/Time by a year and then clear temp files using the in-built storage check app in settings.

jhonzku

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Other consists of the Hodgepodge of various miscellaneous things like email, texts, temporary files, much of which are things you generally don't want to delete. Know that its not all bad.

However it may not be cleaned out properly, which was a problem pre-GDR2. There were solutions like shrink space, but are you on GDR2? I think that should be the first question.
yeah im on the GDR 2

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I just stopped understanding English after reading this. What are you trying to say?

He's started his own thread and posted in a bunch of other "other storage" threads with a unique problem he's having. The advice offered him in every thread is "you need to do a factory reset, bro, something is W-R-O-N-G". But he won't do that, instead he just moves on to the next thread and complains.

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I just stopped understanding English after reading this. What are you trying to say?
what im trying to say is that unfortunately there is no fix to this other storage issue no matter what anyone says! I'm sitting on 10 GB of other and I've tried everything anyone can imagine from a to z now im not saying that they wont fix it maybe WP 8.1 but for now mine keeps climbing. And for anyone who suggest this or that the answer is yes I have! No I won't hard reset to much game data seems stupid to loose data for a bug that should be fixed! Android and iPhone did have these problems...... But that was 3 years ago;

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
He's started his own thread and posted in a bunch of other "other storage" threads with a unique problem he's having. The advice offered him in every thread is "you need to do a factory reset, bro, something is W-R-O-N-G". But he won't do that, instead he just moves on to the next thread and complains.
well what im hoping is that someone can explain what's Wrong! And you say I just move onto the next thread to complain well it suck that every week someone else starts up a new thread about it! And why a reset ? What did I do to loose so much of my data? And if I do reset who's to say that will fix anything?

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Okay. Here's something that should work.

Go to settings>internet explorer.
From there, delete history. If you browse a lot, this should clear up a lot of data. Also, uninstall some apps. App data is included in "other".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo