12-08-2015 12:26 AM
42 12
tools
    How can i delete "the other" storage from 720?
    11-13-2013 02:10 PM
    Other consists of the Hodgepodge of various miscellaneous things like email, texts, temporary files, much of which are things you generally don't want to delete. Know that its not all bad.

However it may not be cleaned out properly, which was a problem pre-GDR2. There were solutions like shrink space, but are you on GDR2? I think that should be the first question.
    11-13-2013 02:21 PM
    It cannot be deleted completely. However it can be reduced significantly by advancing the Date/Time by a year and then clear temp files using the in-built storage check app in settings.
    11-14-2013 02:41 AM
    Other consists of the Hodgepodge of various miscellaneous things like email, texts, temporary files, much of which are things you generally don't want to delete. Know that its not all bad.

However it may not be cleaned out properly, which was a problem pre-GDR2. There were solutions like shrink space, but are you on GDR2? I think that should be the first question.
    yeah im on the GDR 2
    11-24-2013 01:05 AM
    It cannot be deleted completely. However it can be reduced significantly by advancing the Date/Time by a year and then clear temp files using the in-built storage check app in settings.
    Really??
    12-04-2013 08:08 AM
    Thank You bro .. Worked for me .. Got almost 700mb of free space ..
    Gaurav Paul and WittVikki like this.
    12-04-2013 08:32 AM
    Really??
    Yes. It cant be deleted completely.
    12-04-2013 08:58 AM
    I tried this but nothing happend. are u sure this works?
    12-05-2013 10:33 PM
    I tried this but nothing happend. are u sure this works?
    yes it works on gdr3
    12-05-2013 10:59 PM
    HOw to update to GDR3. I have updated it to Amber a couple of days back
    12-06-2013 09:34 AM
    Nothing works not gdr2, not gdr3 I have pics on a different thread" 10gb if other"
    12-06-2013 10:14 AM
    Nothing works not gdr2, not gdr3 I have pics on a different thread" 10gb if other"
    I just stopped understanding English after reading this. What are you trying to say?
    urosinho likes this.
    12-06-2013 03:09 PM
    I just stopped understanding English after reading this. What are you trying to say?
    He's started his own thread and posted in a bunch of other "other storage" threads with a unique problem he's having. The advice offered him in every thread is "you need to do a factory reset, bro, something is W-R-O-N-G". But he won't do that, instead he just moves on to the next thread and complains.
    12-06-2013 03:31 PM
    what im trying to say is that unfortunately there is no fix to this other storage issue no matter what anyone says! I'm sitting on 10 GB of other and I've tried everything anyone can imagine from a to z now im not saying that they wont fix it maybe WP 8.1 but for now mine keeps climbing. And for anyone who suggest this or that the answer is yes I have! No I won't hard reset to much game data seems stupid to loose data for a bug that should be fixed! Android and iPhone did have these problems...... But that was 3 years ago;
    12-06-2013 03:39 PM
    He's started his own thread and posted in a bunch of other "other storage" threads with a unique problem he's having. The advice offered him in every thread is "you need to do a factory reset, bro, something is W-R-O-N-G". But he won't do that, instead he just moves on to the next thread and complains.
    well what im hoping is that someone can explain what's Wrong! And you say I just move onto the next thread to complain well it suck that every week someone else starts up a new thread about it! And why a reset ? What did I do to loose so much of my data? And if I do reset who's to say that will fix anything?
    12-06-2013 04:00 PM
    Dude!!! Do a reset!!!
    paulxxwall likes this.
    12-06-2013 04:48 PM
    so reset. much improv. wow.
    jojoe42 and jjag520 like this.
    12-06-2013 04:54 PM
    Dude!!! Do a reset!!!
    and risk bricking my phone no way ...pissed would be an understatement
    12-06-2013 05:00 PM
    Dude!!! Do a reset!!!
    I'll try a soft reset and that's it... too much app data
    12-06-2013 05:02 PM
    Okay. Here's something that should work.

Go to settings>internet explorer.
    From there, delete history. If you browse a lot, this should clear up a lot of data. Also, uninstall some apps. App data is included in "other".
    12-06-2013 05:08 PM
    Assuming you've already used the Storage Check app (settings>storage check) to clear your temp files, there's not really much for you to do.
    12-06-2013 05:10 PM
    Okay. Here's something that should work.

Go to settings>internet explorer.
    From there, delete history. If you browse a lot, this should clear up a lot of data. Also, uninstall some apps. App data is included in "other".
    okay beside the delete history( which I already do since this bug) I would love to know which app is taking so much other? I would delete it! But it wont tell me nor on phone storage or any where...... My biggest gripe!
    12-06-2013 05:12 PM
    well what im hoping is that someone can explain what's Wrong!
    No one here is going to be able to explain what's wrong in your case. Not only does no one here work for Microsoft or Nokia, but no one here has your phone in front of them. Also, no one here watched what you've done with your phone since you've had it, to see any sort of usage pattern or glitch which may have caused the issue.

And if I do reset who's to say that will fix anything?
    Everyone here who has had a problem with "other" and done a reset to fix it, that's who. Many, many people have done that. Many, many people have recommended it as your solution. YOU are choosing to not do it, but then you keep polluting every "other" thread with your unique issue, unwilling to do what it takes to fix it.

Obviously your case is unique. Obviously something bad happened. Stuff like that happens all over the place with computers and technology. Obviously the fix is a reset. Do that, or toil away in silence; you have your solution, if you choose to not do it, that's on you.
    12-06-2013 05:13 PM
    okay beside the delete history( which I already do since this bug) I would love to know which app is taking so much other? I would delete it! But it wont tell me nor on phone storage or any where...... My biggest gripe!
    Settings>Storage Check>Apps.

If you don't know about that, go try.
    12-06-2013 05:15 PM
    No one here is going to be able to explain what's wrong in your case. Not only does no one here work for Microsoft or Nokia, but no one here has your phone in front of them. Also, no one here watched what you've done with your phone since you've had it, to see any sort of usage pattern or glitch which may have caused the issue.

Everyone here who has had a problem with "other" and done a reset to fix it, that's who. Many, many people have done that. Many, many people have recommended it as your solution. YOU are choosing to not do it, but then you keep polluting every "other" thread with your unique issue, unwilling to do what it takes to fix it.

Obviously your case is unique. Obviously something bad happened. Stuff like that happens all over the place with computers and technology. Obviously the fix is a reset. Do that, or toil away in silence; you have your solution, if you choose to not do it, that's on you.
    While I'd like him to pull off a hard reset, or update his phone to GDR3, he refuses to do so.

The least we could do is provide alternative solutions to his problem.

Besides, I've been in this situation a lot of times before. A hard reset - no matter how immense the impact - is still temporary.
    12-06-2013 05:19 PM
42 12