Replacing glass on 1020

benxiaolinren

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
i bought a glass on ebay for $24. haven't received it yet. i'm planning to replace it myself following the L920 screen replacement tutorial on youtube.
It shouldn't be that hard since those screens are similar built.

Dave Bhullar

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I attempted this with Lumia 920 myself and ended up breaking my old screen completely. I did my 920 cover replacement myself so I was fairly comfortable with taking it apart. The screen has many parts(there is a plate behind the glass and other important stuff), so make sure you don't break the parts you need like I did. Turned out to be really hard for me because i had to take apart the glass from the metal plate behind the glass. You would really need a suction cup if you're planning to take off just the glass from the front, I can't stress this enough because you might end up breaking other parts of the phone if you don't use suction. Also, heat up the adhesive, not just a little bit but sometimes you really need to put it in front of a blow dryer for a good one minute or so. Not trying to discourage anyone but its kind of a hassle so I'd just get it repaired from a professional.

pezley

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
The glass on the 1020 is very different to the 920. Replacing the 920 is possible due to the LCD and digitizer being two seperate ( although bonded to the mid frame ) pieces. The 1020 screen, much like most modern SLCD/OLED panels is bonded to the glass. In ideal repair shop conditions it might be possible, I wouldn't like to try it though.

darthhen

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I tried to look for a way to just replace the glass as well on my 1020. I dropped it a couple of weeks ago. I couldn't find a way to just replace the glass. I decided to spend $235 to have a local phone repair shop replace the glass and LCD.

ped306

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
I had my 1020 3 week, dropped it, screen gone & digitizer, cost me ?160 at nokia care uk. the screen comes as a unit they said.:shocked:

PeadarWagon

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Send the broken phone and replacement screen to me and I'll fix it for you for $50. I'll repair it in my white room and return it the next day. Send me a private message if you are interested.

wagleshivanand

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I got my replaced as it had just popped out of body, Nokia care said that its out of the display assembly.
Had to change the assembly, costs ₹9500 here in India @ USD 150

codo27

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
any other stories/opinions on this? I've been about a month now without my phone, going to try and get it fixed soon if I can get the money. I really don't want to do it, but I should avoid the hassle I had with my s3 as I will be replacing the whole thing and don't have to worry about separating the glass.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99