App Updates stopped working

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
This thing is soo annoying, i just came back from holiday and app update has stopped working, ive done soft reset and changed provider and back again so ota settings can be reset as well, alas no joy, if i have to do a hard reset i would rather flush this down the toilet! any tips?

anon(8238064)

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Just wait it out. It happened to my Lumia 620 last month, no updates for about three weeks in a row. Tried everything except had reset with no luck. The updates came back to regular on its own. But you must make sure that your date and time is correct to your current region.

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
This is a pain in the arse.

I've just come back from a little break away where my mobile signal was non-existent and wifi was scratchy at best. I didn't get any app updates whilst away and they haven't worked since coming home either. Strange thing is, my misses is still getting updates on her 920.

I guess I'll have to wait to get things working again but it would be nice if there was a fix that would get things going again without the need to hard reset or anything else drastic.

anon(8238064)

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Meanwhile, you can try apps like Check App Uppdate or SysApp Pusher to force update the more important system apps. I did that and after a few run, the updates came automatically again.

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Found a solution while trawling the net,

Find an app you know requires an update (check wpc news)
Don't update the app, click back so the number 1 shows on the live tile
Unpin the livetile
Soft reset the phone
Repin the app and wait several hours and it 'should' find all updates and work normally.

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Found a solution while trawling the net,

Find an app you know requires an update (check wpc news)
Don't update the app, click back so the number 1 shows on the live tile
Unpin the livetile
Soft reset the phone
Repin the app and wait several hours and it 'should' find all updates and work normally.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I tried it and it didn't work for me but I'll give it another try later.

The first time I did it, I forgot to set the date and time which may have had an effect with the updates so I unpinned the store, soft reset, set the date and time and then repinned the store and left if through the night but there was still only the one update which I checked before soft resetting.

I'll give it another try later though.

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Is just sad that we need to so many steps just to get app updates. And why the Store is missing the My Apps section so that we can see what are the new updates all under one roof? C'mon MS.

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Tried again...still not working, although there's a possibility that there just may not be any new updates for my apps as yet. I'll give it a couple more days and keep tabs on the app updates thread too.

Gaurav Paul

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
The correct procedure is
1) Un-Pin tile
2) Clear IE cache
3) Soft Reset
4) Re-Pin Tile

After this you may have to wait upto 24 hours as the store checks for updates once every 24 hours. This seems to be working for most people including me. Hope it helps you.

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
The correct procedure is
1) Un-Pin tile
2) Clear IE cache
3) Soft Reset
4) Re-Pin Tile

After this you may have to wait upto 24 hours as the store checks for updates once every 24 hours. This seems to be working for most people including me. Hope it helps you.

Cheers...

I'll give that a try tomorrow if nothing happens with my current effort.

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm pleased to report that the Store updates are now coming through.

Had a little problem with all tiles on my homescreen failing to update so had to go through all my apps to ensure that any ones that weren't listed on the background tasks settings page were not set to allow background operation. It took a while but got there in the end!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre