Just came home with my 1020! group messaging is messing up

yoyoyo109

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone. just got a new 1020 and i've noticed an oddity. whenever i send group messages, my phone doesn't seem to recognize my number. any ideas? when i reply i get the message from myself

Negamaki

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Did you happen to upgrade from an iPhone? If so, make sure you've disabled iMessages on it. Can cause complications with group texting on the 1020.

Negamaki

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site

It's probably not what OP is experiencing but if you upgraded from an iPhone and left iMessage turned on; group messaging wasn't working properly. A lot of people were not receiving my text messages and I could not start a group chat. When I turned off iMessage, it resolved that.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone. just got a new 1020 and i've noticed an oddity. whenever i send group messages, my phone doesn't seem to recognize my number. any ideas? when i reply i get the message from myself

Is your number listed twice on the message?

Sent from my LG-D801 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

yoyoyo109

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Please, the fact that you even suggested I used an iPhone previously is insulting.

Just kidding of course. I upgraded from an HTC titan 2. It seems to have fixed itself after a reset. It still sometimes doesn't receive messages but after I hit download it is good to go!

Oldmajor

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I have the same issue, I just upgraded from a Lumia 900 to the 1020 and when I send group messages I see my reply (on the right side), and then my reply again (on the left sideas if it came from another phone) . Id that how group messaging works with WP8?

acedriven

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue, I just upgraded from a Lumia 900 to the 1020 and when I send group messages I see my reply (on the right side), and then my reply again (on the left sideas if it came from another phone) . Id that how group messaging works with WP8?

Did you ever resolve this issue? I'm having the same issue after purchasing my device a few days ago. I upgraded from an iPhone 4, and was having issues w/ iMessage in general (even after turning off on old device). General iMessage issues appear to be resolved, but I'm a) not getting group texts and/or b) having the double message issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans