GLANCE SCREEN for LUMIA 520

Ashish Kakade05

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 520 and 625 doesn't have clearblack display so they don't support for glance but double tap to wake feature is coming with black update for both devices........

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
is there any way i can buy a tft screen like nokia lumia 620 and install it in my nokia lumia 520 for glance screen

While it's technically feasible, its all but impossible as there is no other 4" Lumia and recreating everything except with ClearBlack is a little difficult.

Also, even if you do get a working higher-end display in there that can work with the phone, the phone won't know the difference and still have it disabled.

The most cost effective way (the easiest too) is to just get a 620.

stalemate1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
all lumia devices are have update of GLANCE screen without LUMIA 520 and 625.. why.. i think also lumia 520 and 625 have it..

surprisingly glance is on the cheap Nokia asha 503. honestly I don't understand how the asha 503 has the hardware for glance but the lumia 520 does not.

I think the asha only has 256 MB ROM and 64 MB RAM to give you an idea of how cheap this device is.

here's the asha 503 specs:
Nokia Asha 503 - Full phone specifications

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Hello sir, to be honest, I'm not sure if any of us know exactly why the 520 will never get Glance abilities. However, this does get people looking forward to a new phone with more capabilities. So good luck, and may the odds ever be in your favor. o.o

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I turned off Dttw, it su?ks battery. Even glance would do same.. Battery is more imp than such features.

Sent via Lumia 625 Black

pantsaregood

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
The lack of Glance on the Lumia 520 has nothing to do with lack of ClearBlack, and the comparison to Asha handsets is absurd. The Lumia 520's inability to support Glance has absolutely nothing to do with RAM, ROM, CPU, or GPU. The LCD just isn't capable of functioning desirably at extremely low power levels. Glance doesn't require much on AMOLED screens - there's really no special power saving that needs to be enabled, but LCDs need to run at extremely low power levels in order to prevent excessive battery drain. The Lumia 520's relatively cheap display is incapable of running at such a low power level.

Again, ClearBlack has nothing to do with it. ClearBlack is a polarization filter that improves viewing angles and makes blacks "deeper." It has nothing to do with power usage.

abhishyam2007

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
I turned off Dttw, it su?ks battery. Even glance would do same.. Battery is more imp than such features.

Sent via Lumia 625 Black

You've certainly cleared a lot of air.but, I am sure that the Asha 501's screen is cheaper than L520. Then how does it support Glance but 520 doesn't? I think it is so because Nokia didn't want to give this feature in a cheap set.

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Look bro,
Nokia used dual screen for A501. which means, glance is displayed on low power screen. Same technology was used for Symbian phones.
Lumia is totally different range, we cant expect it on our device as it simply can't support. Even it does support, it will drain battery.

Check your self,
Install T:ME from store and it has sleep mode which works like glance, and let me know impact on battery.

Sent via Lumia 625 Black

Tribanj

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Look bro,
Nokia used dual screen for A501. which means, glance is displayed on low power screen. Same technology was used for Symbian phones.
Lumia is totally different range, we cant expect it on our device as it simply can't support. Even it does support, it will drain battery.

Check your self,
Install T:ME from store and it has sleep mode which works like glance, and let me know impact on battery.

Sent via Lumia 625 Black

Where is link for it? I can't find it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans