Ativ s reboots when using bluetooth after gdr3 update

dirkvra

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I have installed gdr3 2 days ago. Since then my samsung ativ s reboots every 2 minutes when connected to my carkit. Any ideas?

ylap

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Try to put check box somewhere in the Bluetooth settings (Connect using other method or something similar) or try to restore factory defaults, it may help too after this update.

luc3800

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm using bluetooth every day to connect to my VW Golf with no problem i've GDR3 (upgraded om the air)
no modified AtivS

I used bluetooth every day to connect to my Ford S-Max with no problem :smile: After GDR3 every 3-4 minutes a reboot with bluetooth in the car :cry:
no modified AtivS

anon(5767625)

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
My unmodified Ativ S on uupdate 3 is working fine with my Kia Cee'd.

It would be good if people posting problems would give information about their car and phone.

Dega350

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Exactly the same thing with my Ativ S. My phone reboots every couple of minutes, which is really annoying. My Galaxy S4 works perfectly with this.
I have a 2010 Audi A4 with MMI 3g satnav. Checking other method under bluetooth settings does nothing.
Did someoone find a solution yet? This is very frustrating.

Thanks

antoniop

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm experiencing exactly the same problem: have a Ford S-MAX, updated to GDR3 yesterday and today, within a 10 minute journey, the phone restarted 3 times. I'm kind of sad as I was finding this a magnificent phone, but I need it to work with my car.

Dega350

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Bump...
Anyone found solution to this BIG problem?
I found out, that while I'm talking, everything works fine. But when just connected, it resets approx every 2-3 minutes...
Shame on you Samsung...

antoniop

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Bump...
Anyone found solution to this BIG problem?
I found out, that while I'm talking, everything works fine. But when just connected, it resets approx every 2-3 minutes...
Shame on you Samsung...
I got a solution for this: sent it to Samsung support describing what happened. Obviously, they've downgraded it (to GDR2, I believe) but, at least, Bluetooth has, until now, been working flawlessly.
The technician wrote in the report that he updated the firmware and that the device was not made specifically for Portugal. I noticed that the CSC changed from PHN to AUT.
I inquired whether or not I should update if prompted and was told to do it, as it "improves user experience". Nonetheless, I'm having doubts about it and I've disabled auto updates.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss